Pro Site MultiSite not updating after payment

Hi there,

I have an issue where a site is saying "free" and ads are showing even though the member's payment was processed and renewed for another 3 months. Any help would be appreciated.

• Nahid

Hey JJ !
    Hope you are having a great day!

The issue is odd indeed. To determine what's going on in the site, we'd need some more details which'll require some troubleshooting and testing. If possible, please perform the following tests for me:

1. Please make sure the PayPal IPN url/Stripe webhook url is properly entered into your respective PayPal/Stripe account.
    2. Please make sure the PayPal/Stripe API credentials are correct and you are using the corresponding credentials for 'Live' mode.
    3. Try signing up for a completely new site (paid) and see if that works or not. To clarify, it should be a signup where you do not create free site first and then upgrade but just signup for a Pro Site in "one go" with the payment. This'll let us determine whether the issue is related to just upgrades or signup as well.
    4. Could you try enabling the alternative payment method if it is not enabled already and test that out to see if it works? For example, if the payment for the site in question was done with PayPal Express, please enable Stripe (if it is not enabled already) and try upgrading with it. This'll let us determine whether the issue is related to the used payment gateway.
    5. Enable debugging in WordPress and retry the upgrade. Enabling debugging will present us any error that WordPress might encounter in the upgrade process. You can enable debug following this handy guide. Please upload the debug.log file from the /wp-content/ folder if it is generated after the test in a cloud storage platform like Dropbox and attach the publicly accessible link to it in your next response.

Additionally, could you also enable Support Access from the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on the site so we can take a closer look at the logs from the 'Account History' for the site in question, check the payment gateway configurations and so on? Moreover, please mention the Blog ID for the site in question in your next response so we can be precise with our investigation.

I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

• JJ

Hi Nahid, everything IS set up correctly with Paypal and Stripe activated. Creating a paid, new website works, too. What happened with the site in question is:

2017-12-16 8:59:22 pm Expired email sent to *hidden for privacy
    2017-12-16 8:59:21 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2017-12-15 9:19:05 am Payment receipt email sent to *hidden for privacy
    2017-12-15 9:18:59 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $80.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID *hidden

So the logs are correct in terms of payment but the following day prosite status was withdrawn and an expired email was sent which created ads on the site for my client.

• Dimitris

Hello there JJ,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

In order to better investigate this, could you please send us over some server credentials and additional information? As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - Blog ID of the affected pro site
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.
    As this can also be happening due to some conflict with other plugins or themes, would it be possible for you to create a staging environment of this installation? Meaning a complete copy of this website into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database. If so, please also add access credentials in you email, about staging site too (WP admin user, FTP, cPanel).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris