Pro Site not activating after successful transaction/Profile & IPN

Another site with Pro Sites problems

New site had successful signup/PayPal transaction and successful PayPal IPN messages sent but the site did not activate!! Site ID 660 See dashboard and PP IPN history images

It has now become very rare to have a site created with Pro Sites that DOES NOT have some problem.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello antKat,

I’m sorry that this is not working on your site. Is this issue related to this thread you recently opened https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-site-not-activated-after-paypal-transaction ?

This is happening only for the new sites or there are problem with renewing?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,

Kasia

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi Kasia,

Thanks for the quick response. I’ve granted access. It is related to the other thread. I have so many issues with Pro Sites – that I didn’t see it in the list anymore. If you think this new thread should be cancelled and moved to the old one, let me know.

I have problems with both new and renewing subscribers – but not all of the time – just too much of the time to consider Pro Sites as a viable solution anymore. I have too many sites on this multisite to switch now but I am currently evaluating other options for a new site I am planning on launching at the end of the month. Perhaps if someone could focus on this to get to the bottom of it, I can reconsider. In any case I need it fixed for this network.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello antKat,

Because this is live site I assume that disabling all the plugins is not an option to see if this is not the conflict issue.

So I would ask you to turn on debug mode in WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file – so please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

After you enable it, could you make test transaction or see if there are new transaction through paypal, so we could see what is going there that is causing this issue.

I’m hoping that there will be error that will show us reason.

kind reagrds,

Kasia

• antKat
    • HummingBird

I am still having problems with Pro Sites not activating on a few sites even though the IPN messages have been successfully sent and received from PayPal. Of the last 19 sign-ups, 3 did not activate and of the 3, 2 were monthly and 1 was quarterly so it is not the period selector.

The sites that did not activate are #660, #668 & #670. I have manually extended all sites that have not successfully activated but I am very concerned that there will be a problem when they should auto renew but will expire instead. What can I do to ensure that these sites will not expire from this manual extension? I have the debug running and have not been able to tell what the problem is. I’d appreciate if a lead developer can look into this problem to debug this activation issue.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello antKat,

Many thanks for the debug log! I’m sending this to developer. Please tell me what version of MariaDB you have on your server – or this site is on the same server where you have 5.5.5-10.0.24-MariaDB and PHP 5.5.31 (I’ve logged to other site where you have enabled support and looked for this info)?

kind regards,

Kasia

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Well, site #660, the site originally cited on this thread, payment was received today but Pro Sites did not extend the expiration accordingly. He history has the IPN data regarding the payment received and receipt sent but Pro Sites was still showing manual with no reflection of the payment. Of course, I then extended another 30 days.

This problem is intermittent but happens too often. It is time that the developer finally pays attention to this. I will proactively grant access.

• antKat
    • HummingBird

I was hoping that your new upgrade would have solved my Pro Sites problems but . . . no.

Today’s issues:

1. Site 681, that I previously needed to manually extend received a payment, the info is in the IPN history but Pro Sites was expired. I manually extended again.

2. Site 460, this site had expired. The subscriber also cancelled the existing subscription and created a new one. The IPN info and notifications were sent but Pro Sites did not activate. Again, I manually extended.

As a business, you would not expect that you need to check each payment that is received to see if the account is activated or extended properly . . . yet that is what seems to be required with your plugin.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi antKat

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks a lot for sending more details about your issue. As Kasia Swiderska said she has passed all info to our developer, I believe our developer will check this and give his valuable opinion regarding this very soon. I really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi antKat

Hope you had a wonderful day.

So sorry to hear that you faced this on another site too. However, I’ve also pinging our developer regarding this and I believe, he will come up with a solution soon. I really appreciate your patience and thanks for informing that you are also facing the issue in another site. I’m also passing this info to our developer.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi Umesh,

I had 2 new subscriptions today, for site usingessentialoils.com site 719 activated and the other site 718 did not activate. Same problems that we had before. I have granted access. Also, note that on 718, the subscription receipt was sent to me (admin at usingessentialoils.com) rather than to the subscriber. I have had both of these problems in the past and there are separate tickets but perhaps they are connected.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.