Pro Site - Payment Only Created Profile in Paypal (IPN Settings?)

I have a multisite on which I'm offering a one-month free trial. A customer signed up in December, let her account expire, and returned a few days ago to upgrade her account. Her payment only created a payment profile in Paypal. When looking at the profile, it says that the payment is not expected for another month. The payment should have been collected immediately. I looked in Pro Sites and can see the subscription was generated. However, her account was not upgraded.

User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created

I looked into the IPN Settings on Paypal and sure enough they were incorrect. They were pointing to another site. 1. Do you think this was the problem? 2. If I upgrade her account for one year, will it sync up with the payment cycle? 3. Or, should I delete her subscription profile in Paypal and ask her to upgrade her account again? (obviously, the least preferred option)

Thanks,
Chris

• Michael Bissett

Hey Chris, Michael here!

From what you've described, the IPN URL being pointed elsewhere in PayPal was the issue, so correcting that now should prevent future signups from running into this.

As for your current user, you can try extending her manually, but I would advise inserting this into your site's wp-config.php before doing that:

define( 'PSTS_CANCEL_ON_GATEWAY_CHANGE', false );

That way, when you manually extend, you don't cancel her PayPal subscription, and thus, when it comes time to make the renewal payment, the Pro Site status should be extended as usual.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey Chris, Michael here!

I see that my colleague Luis had discussed this with you further, where he'd mentioned this:

regarding to the code, it should only be needed for the initial change, but I'd leave it in for now, to be on the safe side.

In regards to your update, in having a fresh look at this on my end (as I'd informed him about the Trial side of things), the gateway being set for Trial after the manual extension shouldn't be happening, it should be set for Manual instead (and will report this to the developer, as there's another ticket on this open).

Things should still change back when the next payment comes through, though.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.