Pro Site Trial stripe

After prolonging trial subscription for a user, trial expire date in the Stripe section is not updated.

• Dimitris

Hello there Greg,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

Please keep in mind that manually extending ProSite status, doesn't reflect in subscriptions, as stated here:

You can edit that straight from Stripe's site:

I wonder if the actual trial period extended in your end though, as I tested that and seems like my testing site isn't on a trial period anymore and seems to be active now.

In order to have a better inspection of this in your end, send us some access credentials through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Greg

Dimitris

I just changed it in Stripe.

If they were to have paid with PayPal, am I able to make a similar adjustment in PayPal on my end too if I ever need to change the actual date charges begin down the road with anyone who pays with PayPal (like I just did with Stripe)?

When they pay on the new date July 5th now, the Pro Sites will be informed and keep them at the active level and not downgrade them right?

Also, is it possible to have the dev team work on a more tight integration and sync changes done in Pro Sites or others like M2P, MarketPress, or any to where it syncs up and changes on the the gateway side too? Seems like it would make sense to do that . . . thoughts?

What is on the roadmap or outlook for stuff like this to more tightly integrate with important things like payment gateways etc?

So, right now, it looks like it is a two step process (change in Pro Sites and then login to said gateway and be sure the same thing is set there as it is on Pro Sites).

:slight_smile:

• Dimitris

Hello Greg

Both Stripe and Paypal are having some connections via their webhooks and IPN URLs
    respectively, so they can talk back with ProSites. Please make sure that both ends are having the same expiration dates though.

As long as the connected subscription in Stripe of a ProSite is paid on time, then it shouldn't get downgraded.

I'd also like some feedback on this question I made before, as it seems to me like a potential bug:

I wonder if the actual trial period extended in your end though, as I tested that and seems like my testing site isn't on a trial period anymore and seems to be active now.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this?

Also, is it possible to have the dev team work on a more tight integration and sync changes done in Pro Sites or others like M2P, MarketPress, or any to where it syncs up and changes on the the gateway side too? Seems like it would make sense to do that . . . thoughts?What is on the roadmap or outlook for stuff like this to more tightly integrate with important things like payment gateways etc?

There isn't anything specific in our roadmap about ProSites, if you have any feature requests though, feel free to wrap them up in a new thread under the Features&Feedback section of our forums. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Greg

Dimitris

Oh, I did not realize that was a question rather a statement. But, I got you now. Here is a 1 min answer: https://www.screencast.com/t/X7bmc4Shqn

Also, is it possible to have the dev team work on a more tight integration and sync changes done in Pro Sites or others like M2P, MarketPress, or any to where it syncs up and changes on the the gateway side too? Seems like it would make sense to do that . . . thoughts?What is on the roadmap or outlook for stuff like this to more tightly integrate with important things like payment gateways etc?

Hmmm...Well, specifically regarding this subject thread we are on I mean if we change the trial date or any date in Pro Sites or M2P for example, then it should also change in whatever payment gateway too (instead of having to change the payment gateway date separately for example).

In a general sense . . . see below (below is big overall) . . .

Well, this whole thread tells the tale generally https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/dotw-goodbye-upfront-and-what-actually-matters-to-you-participation-3-hero-points#post-1317561

Here was my contribution to it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/dotw-goodbye-upfront-and-what-actually-matters-to-you-participation-3-hero-points#post-1314695
    and
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/dotw-goodbye-upfront-and-what-actually-matters-to-you-participation-3-hero-points#post-1314709
    and

***I really liked this too https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/dotw-goodbye-upfront-and-what-actually-matters-to-you-participation-3-hero-points#post-1317361

Greg

• Dimitris

Hello Greg,

hope you're doing good today and please excuse my late response here, somehow I missed this thread.

I'm sorry for not being clear in my previous question, really appreciate the screencast and that this is working good in your end. :slight_smile:

As for the requests about more tight integrations, this is already a message we've taken from members. Our growth team will make any decisions about these and will keep us posted in our Roadmap page. Sorry for not being able to inform you any further on this.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Greg

Dimitris

Ok. Thanks.

Had another question though on this issue:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/jLQ2MUblt

Shows they have the extension but not on the top WP bar and does not have all plugins available to them as normal as well in actuality.

If we put them on another extension using the MANUAL dropdown then will he have actual availablity of the plugins and show the level in the top WP bar? If I do this will it recognize his future payments and keep his level benefits IF I choose the MANUAL dropdown per the video though?

Thoughts?

Why is he TRIAL extension show in his account but he does not really have access to everything and his level not showing in the top WP bar?

Thanks.

Greg

• Greg

Dimitris

Both are network activated so as long as they have the correct access level they should have it like normal.

I did the extension while it was still in the original trial time frame. It may be the issues came after the initial extension of 14 days expired and it went into the new extension period beyond the original 14 days.

Should I just make it extended with the Manual option and see if it starts to make theme available that way as a test and also show the membership level on the top WP bar like they should have but currently do not?

If I choose Manual to extend, will Pro Sites still recognize their future payments and continue to give them access to the level as well?

Greg

• Dimitris

Hello Greg

I checked that again in my end. Trial period was extended again, whilst still in initial trial period, and the network activated Hustle plugin was still available to admin of subsite.

I'm not quite sure why this is happening, if you could create a staging environment of your installation, we could perform some more tests on it. By "staging" I mean a complete and exact copy of this multisite into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database.

If I choose Manual to extend, will Pro Sites still recognize their future payments and continue to give them access to the level as well?

As mentioned before, making changes in ProSites levels won't affect the subscription in the payment gateway, which will continue to charge them in the first associated date. For keep these in the same date, you should also edit the subscription in the gateway's site.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris