Pro site w/ new blog template plugin help required

Hi guys,

I had a few questions (looking at you admin staff!) in regards to this. I've been fumbling around the prosite and newblog template plugin in hopes of getting it both to work and i'm currently trying to get this concept up which is:

A. Users get the the new blog for free with basic plugins.
B. When they pay, i will manually extend their prosite status to "pro".

But i've come across a few errors & need some help.

1. What is the difference between the premium plugins & premium plugin manager? From the looks of it, they have the same function - the only thing differing is the 'auto activate' feature in the premium plugin manager.

2. The process for both plugin managers fail. As an example:

Conditions: Plugin A for free level, Plugin B for "pro" level.

Step 1: Created a default blog template (under new blog template plugin) - then i sign up a new blog with plugin A already configured and copied. Success! So far so good.

Step 2: From the superadmin end i manually upgraded the new blog to "pro" level. And 2 things happen. 1, is that plugin B is not auto-activated (under the plugin manager module) OR plugin B is not available (under the non manager module). 2, Plugin A is missing (made not available).

3. Is there anyway to alter the checkout page? I know the the page is dynamically generated, but is there a set of file to see what gets generated and what doesn't? So that I hack that?

Thanks for any help that i can get. Sorry for the long post! And have a great day!

Cheers,

• Ash

Hello @SqueakyOx Dev

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1. Premium plugins allows you to make a plugin available for the level you select and upper levels of that level. Like, you have 4 levels and you allowed plugin A for level 2, then this plugin will be available for level 2, 3 and 4.

But using Premium plugin manager, you can select a plugin for one (or more) specific levels.

2. I need to check this one in your site, as it works fine in my site. I am getting access token error to login. Would you please revoke and grant again?

3. You can try our style module from Pro Sites > Pricing Table > Styling. If this is not possible to make any changes that is not possible from styling module, then you have to use custom css. Otherwise, current there is no other way, there is no static file or something I am afraid.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @SqueakyOx Dev

1. I am not sure what you mean by "differ in terms of use" :slight_frown: I have explained in my previous reply.

Premium plugins allows you to make a plugin available for the level you select and upper levels of that level. Like, you have 4 levels and you allowed plugin A for level 2, then this plugin will be available for level 2, 3 and 4.

But using Premium plugin manager, you can select a plugin for one (or more) specific levels.

Please let me know if it is unclear.

2. I have logged in at your site and found a weird issue. I can't make Plugins menu available in subsite. Even from Network Admin > Settings > Network Settings > Enable administration menus > I tried to disable Plugins menu but I could not.

Do you have any other special code in functions.php? Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get.

Cheers
    Ash

• SqueakyOx

Hi Ash,

Thanks for great reply!

1. i think i got it.. whilst premium plugins is for "that level and above" the manager is for any permutation of level. Thanks for the clarification! I must have been brain dead when I was trying to figure it out.

2. So basically i got really upset at this, put it aside for a few hours, played a little of old school Sim city 2000, got back to my laptop then decided to blow the whole install and restarted the whole thing.

In short, wiped wp, wiped db, reinstalled 4.4.1 and wpmudev plugins. So here's the background now.

I've got - prosite, new blog template, contact form widget and chat plugins installed (i've used all wpmudev for plugin clashes). I've only configed the basics for WP, added only 1 level for prosite (with 2 modules premium plugin & premium themes - auto activate on), and defaulted only 1 'template'

The two plugins i'm going to play with is 'contact form' (free level) & 'chat' (pro level)

So now the the flow is this:

Process 1: Create a new blog, using the newly minted default template. Yaay! success, contact form shows up as per normal. 'look' under previously missing plugins tab - and success!

Process 2: I manually upgrade the site. Yaay success, contact form shows up as per scripted. However, the chat plugin is not auto-activated?

Thanks heaps!

Bonus question: I know its probably not designed like this, but if we did it backwards.. let's have the default template configed with all the 'pro' plugins, and when it get copied onto a new free blog, will it strip away all the pro plugin access?

• Ash

Hello @SqueakyOx Dev

I hope you are doing good.

I can confirm that currently we are having some issues with auto-activation process, just confirmed with the developer that he is currently working on it and very soon a fix will be released.

I know its probably not designed like this, but if we did it backwards.. let's have the default template configed with all the 'pro' plugins, and when it get copied onto a new free blog, will it strip away all the pro plugin access?

Yes, it should strip away all pro plugin access :slight_smile:

But it's always safe to create different blog template for different type of sites, it will be manageable for you :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• SqueakyOx

Hi Ash,

Just to report back to you. Basically I did this test.

Background: 2 levels in prosite (1 basic, 2 pro) with trial mode ON. Have two plugins to play with (Chat & Contact form). Chat = PRO level, Contact = BASIC level. New blog template with 1 default template (both plugins activated and configured).

TEST #5 ----
    Step 1: Sign up for new trial account (pro status) and selected default blog. SUCCESS! everything in shape. (both chat and contact form)
    Step 2: Down graded account. UHOH! chat plugin still visible and and active.

TEST #6 ---
    Step 1: Sign up for new trial account (basic status) and selected default blog. FAIL! both plugins are activated seeing that chat is not suppose to be there!
    Step 2: I upgraded the account to 'pro' - and deactivate the chat. And then downgraded the account back to basic. SUCCESS! Now the pro plugin is no longer accessible.

VERDICT: Although prosite limits the activation of a plugin - it does not auto-deactivate the plugin!

I hope you can forward this to the developers - it would be a handy feature to have. And also - on another support page i read that unfortunately you can't limit the access of the signup page for the new blog template so that if they pick the 'pro' designs only for the 'pro' level.

Any thoughts? If you want to see my handy work.. i've open up access for support.

Cheers!

• Ash

Hello @SqueakyOx

I hope you are doing good.

Thank you for detailed report. I have passed that to the developer. As you already know that we are having some issues with auto activation, so our developer is already working on the fix.

About the protect blog template with pro sites, if you please create a new thread asking for making a feature, one of our staff will mark as a feature request :slight_smile:

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.