Pro site + Woocomerce to limit products

Hi

I know you guys have your own e-commerce platoform however I would like to know.

Can prosites work with woocomerce to limit the amount of products which can be sold via the limit post/page feature?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @northgate

I hope you had a great weekend!

Our MarketPress plugin uses a post-type called products which is, I believe, the same post-type name that WooCommerce uses.

So there should be no reason why you couldn’t limit that post-type whether you’re using MarketPress or a different plugin.

However, the product post-type from MarketPress will inherit the quota you set for pages in Pro Sites. You would need to check if the same post-type from WooCommerce behaves similarly.

If it does, and you want to restrict it separately from pages, this post should help:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/limit-pages-but-not-products#post-196568

If you need more information or help on this, please don’t hesitate to hit reply.

• northgate
    • The Incredible Code Injector

thanks for the quick reply

However, the product post-type from MarketPress will inherit the quota you set for pages in Pro Sites. You would need to check if the same post-type from WooCommerce behaves similarly.

Not sure if you can help but how do I check to see if WooCommerce inherit the quota set for pages?

I activated it on the main site and I do see the “Products Quota” options

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @northgate

I hope you are well today!

I just set up WooCommerce & Pro Sites on a test network with the quota for the product post-type set to 2.

On a subsite not yet upgraded to a pro level, I could only create 2 products. When trying to create a 3rd, the “Publish” button displays “Submit for review”, and will set any further products to “pending” status until the site is upgraded.

Can you please double-check that the site you were testing on is not at the minimum level required to remove quotas that you set in Pro Sites?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.