Pro Sites

If I install Pro Sites on a server what happens when i reach its capacity? How can I run Pro Sites on multiple servers? I assume our customers will use customer.mycompany.com.

• Mason

Hiya,

Are you referring to the actual server reaching capacity or to using multiple databases?

While, you could run multiple servers or run the database on separate load balanced servers, this is really an advanced setup that would require a systems administrator to assist with putting together and monitoring.

We offer a multi-db plugin for having several databases which in itself will allow you to expand WordPress to have tens or hundreds of thousands of sites.

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.