Pro Sites 3.5.0.4 Is not displaying checkout when upgrading from trial after expiration

Client is managing 3 sites, 1 is an Active paid pro site, 2 were queued to become active today. The 2 'to-be-active' sites have already had expired trials with "Pay to Blog" enabled.

Now; I logged into the Client Account to Upgrade the 2 'to-be-active' sites via checkout (Upgrade) with the clients supplied Credit Card; BUT, when I select the site to upgrade from the Account page, the checkout page does not display anything.

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ouvJaDkX5SNUFseDBaakxSc0U/view?usp=sharing

-- I noticed the new Check out no longer uses wp-signup.php, could this be the issue?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Scott,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I did some testing following the details provided but was not able to replicate this, wp-signup.php should still redirect you to registration page where you can choose pro level.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at your settings and further investigate this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Scott
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I did some testing following the details provided but was not able to replicate this, wp-signup.php should still redirect you to registration page where you can choose pro level.

With the new update, 3.5.0.4, when the user clicks the link that is connected to /wp-signup.php, the user is redirected to /account (Checkout page) | Pro Sites > General Settings > Signup on Checkout (•) "enabled".
    • 3.5.0.3 > (Checkout page) If the user is un-registered, they are presented with the Level Selection & Registration (via ajax).
    • 3.5.0.4 > (Checkout page) Level Selection & Registration does not appear anymore

When: Pro Sites > General Settings > Signup on Checkout ( ) is "disabled", when you go directly to /wp-signup.php it now displays as Not Found - I have a back up /signup.php

Go to my site and try to register [link]

• Scott

Does this have anything to do with the New Pricing Tables feature? ...because it's the tables that aren't displaying.

*UPDATE* - I 'rolled-back' to v. 3.5.03 and here are the Results:
    1. Registered User can now Upgrade site from Checkout page
    2. Un-Registered Users are presented with Pricing Tables

[!] 3.5.0.3 - With the pricing tables now visible on the Checkout page, I Selected a plan to upgrade to, Entered the Card information > Clicked Submit > Page refreshes but nothing happens. Pricing table is still there; checked the Site Log, no transaction has occurred; site is still in Expired Trial.

WTF!?

––––More Searching

Upon page "Inspect Element", receiving Error: Uncaught TypeError: $(...).tabs is not a function in checkout.js:470 $( '#gateways' ).tabs()

• Scott

Re-Enabled 3.5.0.4 -- Pricing Tables again have Disappeared... however, by selecting the Coupon to be BELOW the Pricing Table, I can see the Coupon area.

So... the issue is with the Pricing Columns just not displaying.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Scott,

It looks like jQuery is being loaded two times in your theme, could you try editing the functions.php and around line 130 you should see this code:
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery-js', get_template_directory_uri() . '/bower_components/foundation/js/vendor/jquery.js', array('jquery'), '', false );
    Try commenting it out and see if there is any difference after that.

I would made the change myself but it's never a good thing to make the changes to theme files via WP editor as it's not perfect and sometimes doesn't save the file properly resulting in error on site.
    Access your files via FTP or cPanel and change it that way.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Scott

@Predrag Dubajic - I have disabled Foundation's jquery; the Checkout.js error has disappeared but the table is still not loading. (I tried disabling other Foundation js files but still no luck).

If Foundation is the issue, I will attempt to swap-out themes and see if that will do the trick.

–– UPDATE: I activated 2 different themes to test this theory and the Pricing Tables still won't load.

• Umesh Kumar
    • Code Wrangler

Hi @Scott,

I'll need few details from you:

Currently, you are using 3.5.04 on your site?
    If you disable coupon box, pricing table doesn't appears?
    What other issue you are having?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm just making sure, that we are on same page.

Also, do you have a sandbox setup, where I can debug the issue?

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.