Pro Sites - Account Creation Pages

Are there detailed instructions on configuring the plugin? When someone goes to my site, it would be to login to their account, to cancel or upgade or a new person wanting an blog, which would be a copy of the site I determine, let's call that "A".

Site A is not the site that takes new orders.

If a new person wants a new blog, copy of A, where do I direct that user?

Now once a client has a copy of A, now called "B", they can have their clients access site B. Their clients will need billed for their business, which is not getting a blog.

It seems possible with what I have seen of the plugin, but I am missing something very simple.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Thomas,

So you are wanting to send users to the new site creation link where they can select a New Blog Template? The New Blog Template would be the copy of a site. Or if you want to give everyone the same template to begin with then you can set a default template and they don't need to select any, it will just be automatically applied.

The new site link is this: yoursite.com/pro-site/?action=new_blog

That is assuming your pro sites checkout page is still /pro-site/ if you changed your pro site checkout page then just replace that url with whatever your new one is.

So you could create a site there and assign the client as admin and then they can checkout or upgrade the site to a pro level. Or you can just have them create and upload the site.

I might be missing something here, if so just let me know and I'll have another look :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Thomas

Tyler,

ok, I have a template and site created that i want all users to use for their site.

i need to ensure i bill each member monthly for services.

First, where is a sign up page? How is it accessed? Are their shortcodes?
    Second, can a free membership be setup to test the functionality of the plugin and site? when I have found and got checkout working, the paypal sandbox error out failing with header error i believe.

I need to make sure, non-members can create an account, of course, but how do existing members check their account for billing purposes?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Thomas,

Hope you're doing well today! Sorry for the delay.

First, where is a sign up page? How is it accessed? Are their shortcodes?

The default signup page is yoursite.com/wp-signup.php - that is default for multisite; however, if you use Pro Sites and turn on the option "Signup on Checkout" - as seen in my attached screenshot.

Then the sign up will default to yoursite.com/pro-site/

There is no shortcodes for the checkout, it's dynamic content. You can change the url of the pro site checkout by changing the "Rebrand Pro Sites" field at the top of the Pro Sites > Settings. Then delete the current Pro Sites checkout page which you will find in the WordPress pages list. Once that is deleted, re-save your Pro Site settings and it will generate a new checkout page based on your "rebrand pro sites" field.

Second, can a free membership be setup to test the functionality of the plugin and site?

Yes, you can use the "Allow free signup" option which you can see in my screenshot as well. This will give a free blog option below the pricing table.

when I have found and got checkout working, the paypal sandbox error out failing with header error i believe.

Header error usually refers to an issue with the credentials. Make sure there is no white space in front of or behind your API keys and also make sure it is in the correct mode, live or testing, based on the account credentials you're using.

I need to make sure, non-members can create an account, of course, but how do existing members check their account for billing purposes?

Existing members will find their account info the pro site checkout page when logged in. So they just need to visit yoursite.com/pro-site/ or your rebranded url if you changed it.

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.