Pro Sites activation email not working

I have been trying to get Pro Sites to work, but the activation emails are not being sent.

I looked through the previous tickets and a similar one said that anti-splog was causing a problem with the signup page. I deactivated anti-splog but it didn't help.

I then deactivated Pro Sites and i was able to create a site and the activation email was sent.

I then reactivated Pro Sites and changed some of the settings. When I unchecked 'Signup on Checkout - Disables WordPress Signup', I was able to create a site via 'wp-signup.php' but I was still not able to create a site through the Pro Sites checkout page.

• Nastia

Hello Laurence

I trust you are doing well today!

I can't reproduce this on my site, I've registered on your site for a free Pro Site level and have received a registration email:

but the activation emails are not being sent.

The activation emails not being sent to you as an administrator, or to a user?

Would you please let me know the steps you are taking to signup for a site, so I could try to reproduce them?

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Laurence

I have tried a number of ways. At first I was trying as a new user, but I quickly began to run out of email addresses. You can see these failed attempts in the unconfirmed users section.

So for a new user I would go to a different browser, and click on the 'create a site' button in the nav bar that I created. This would take me to the signup screen. When the Pro Sites plugin is activated with 'Signup on Checkout - Disables WordPress Signup' checked, this would be a different url to /wp-signup.php.

I would try and create a Free site using the £0.00 first column option. Each time I would create a user and name the site. I would then choose the theme and click reserve the site. I would then wait for the email but nothing arrived.

As the administrator I would receive the registration of a new user, but as a user I wouldn't. In no instance did I receive an email about a site being activated.

• Sajid

Hi Laurence,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The £0.00 price level is still considered as paid level and not free. That's why your users are not getting the confirmation email because user must complete the signup process first to finalize the subscription.

For free sites/users please use built in option that Pro Sites have and given on Pro Sites checkout page by clicking on No thank you, I will continue with a basic site for now.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.