Pro Sites - activation key for existing sites

I plan on using Pro Sites typical setup with different levels where users subscribe to create subsites.

I Also want to use Pro Sites a little differently. I want to create "premade, existing" subsites - not templates, working sites - and manually assign Pro Sites levels to them.

I will then provide username/pw to customers to use the premade subsites (this part can be outside plugin if not supported).

Q1: just to be sure; does Pro Sites support selling subscriptions to premade sites as part of the standard signup process?

Q2: assuming Q1 is 'no'; what would be the process for assigning Pro Site levels to existing sites? In looking at Pro Sites > Manage Sites it shows a field for 'activation key' - where would that key come from for an existing subsite?

Q3: does the subscription period begin when Super Admin activates the license key? not sure how length of subscription works.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello tripvendor,

Q2: assuming Q1 is 'no'; what would be the process for assigning Pro Site levels to existing sites? In looking at Pro Sites > Manage Sites it shows a field for 'activation key' - where would that key come from for an existing subsite?

Yes, answer to question 1 is No. It was not designed to work that way.
    Activation key is only used for manual payments. Because that payment is happening outside the Pro Site and requires network owner to check payment status then when site is created (and manual gateway is used) activation key is generated for super admin so they can activate site when their confirm payment.

Pro Site level can be assigned to already created subsite (for certain period or forever), you can add to that subsite user as admin - but this will not be related to pricing tables and automatic payments.
    Users will not be able to purchase through Pro Site pre made site - that would be only possible with manual actions. So they would pay you directly through paypal or manual payments and then you would the add them to those sites. And for each Subscription period they would need to do that payment manually.

You can click "Manage" to pre-made subsite on All sites list and there change its level in "Manually Extend Pro Site Status"

Q3: does the subscription period begin when Super Admin activates the license key?

Yes.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.