Pro Sites Ads Don't Display

Hello, I'm having trouble displaying ads within Pro Sites. I've tried various ad codes using various ad manager plugins, yet no ads display on the Pro Sites blogs. Should I add code to the Pro Sites blogs' themes? Just wondering if I missed a step. Thanks.

-Jason

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jason,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I assume you're referring to the "Advertising" module of Pro Sites, is that right? There's no need to add any code to sites' themes, all the configuration happens on the

"Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Settings -> Advertising" page

It's important though to make sure that the level for "Ad Free Option" is selected properly as it's the minimum level that disables ads, not the one that shows them. In other words, all the site of a level selected in "Add Free Level" option and sites using "higher" levels will not show ads.

It's also possible that the themes used on some sub-sites does not work well with that. Have you tried to change "Ads Per Page" options and use different ad locations (like before or after content)?

What kind of ads are you trying to server?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jason
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick response. I have 4 levels, level 1 is the Free level. As a test, I selected the highest level for the "Ad Free Option" but none of the other sites displayed ads.

All customer sites will use the Divi theme.

I've tried using 1-3 Ads Per Page and every combo of Ad Locations.

I want to serve my own ads. Ie: "Click here for a premium site". If it's a matter of altering the theme, it should be simple since each customer site uses a child theme of Divi. I just don't know where to start.

I appreciate your help,

- Jason

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jason!

Thank you for your replay.

I just tested it with basic Divi theme and it seems to be working well on my end. I would like to take a closer look at your config then to compare it with my setup, so I would either be able to replicate and troubleshoot it on my end or I'd find why it doesn't work on your end.

To let me check your site, please grant me a support access to it using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin as explained in this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Let me know here when it's enabled :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.