Pro Sites - Allow HTML in feature table description field

Hi,
is it possible to allow HTML in feature table description field? I need to add some basic HTML tags to some items - em, strong, a, br.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Vinko,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Description" field of Feature Table does accept html tags. Tags such as "strong", "em", "a" can be used there. Basically, all the tags that are by default accepted by WordPress will work.

There may be a need to add some custom CSS styles to make them "work" on front-end but that depends on the theme.

A "br" tag is by default filtered out by WordPress.

Let me know please if you have any further questions on this or need further assistance.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Vinko!

Thank you for your replay and screenshots.

I checked that again on my own site and I can confirm that.

I was sure that it was working some time ago (a long time ago to be honest) so at first I just took a look at backend and assumed it's still fine. It seems however that I was wrong and shows that I shouldn't make any assumptions based on memory only (which proves to be a bit "faulty") :slight_smile:

I'm really sorry for causing confusion here.

That said, I already asked the developer of Pro Sites how to override this and hopefully he'll be able to lend us a helping hand with this.

Please note however that it make take a bit more time for him to respond as he's dealing with a lot of complex issues at once. I'll let you know here once I only get my replay.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further information.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello,

I hope this finds you well.

The issue has been addressed and a fix is now available for testing. I have attached a working beta version of the plugin which allows HTML content in the description fields of the feature table.

Please note that this is not a final update and so should be tested in a development/test website before it can be used in a production environment. You should just upload and install the attached plugin using the WordPress plugin installer if you are testing on a fresh development environment or upload via FTP to replace the currently installed version. Depending on the version you have currently installed, you may need to delete the current version to ensure the new one works without problems.

Once the plugin is installed, you can add your HTML content to description fields in the feature tables. Please note that as Adam said in his first reply above, you may additionally have to add some custom CSS to style those added HTML tags depending on the theme you are using. To make things simpler, I have included the basic styles for the tags: 'strong', 'b', 'i' and 'em' so they should make the desired effect by default after installing the plugin without the need for the custom CSS, but once again the theme may have an effect on this so double check.

Vinko, after testing this on a test environment and verified it works you may apply the changes to your live website and you should not have a problem. But since this is not the final update then you should use it knowing that it may change and may not be applied in the next planned update. If that happens, this post will be updated to let you know how to keep the fix active on your environment.

I hope this becomes useful to you as you have requested. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Vinko,

I hope you are doing great today. This is to notify you that the fix for this issue has been released with the latest version of the plugin. You may now safely update without worrying about loosing any customization on the code.

Please let us know if the latest update works to your expectations regarding this feature. We will always be happy to help if you need help.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.