Pro Sites and Ads - Save Changes Directs to 404 Page Not Found

I was updating the email settings in Pro Sites and when I clicked "Save Changes" I was directed to my site, a page not found.

I then tried to update advertising in Pro Sites and clicked save changes and I am getting the same "Page not found."

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Victoria,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I admit that's quite an uncommon issue but I can also think of two possible reasons for this:

1. Are you using any JavaScript based or Iframe based ad codes for your advertising? It's quite possible that this is causing a redirect

2. Are you using any caching plugin on your site, such as for example W3 Total Cache? If so, try clearing all cache and disabling the plugin just to see if it helps.

Looking forward for you replay,
    Adam

• Victoria
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi - I'm not doing any advertising yet, but I did try to place some ad code and save it, and it didn't save.

I am trying to save updates in Pro Sites settings. The two settings pages in Pro Sites that aren't working seem to be only Email Notifications and Advertising. I just tried in IE 11 - same problem but it redirects to a blank page that simply says "Log out" in the upper left hand corner. Everything else in Settings is working and saving.

I don't believe I have a caching plugin anywhere on my site.

My entire site just seemed to go down, but I just checked again before. Thanks for your help!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Vicki,

Thanks for granting access. It seems that the Advertising settings page should be working now, however you may need to totally clear your browser's cache. I've been able to add and advert (actually, I used just a simple text: "Test") and save it.

As for E-mail notifications page. I wasn't able to get it to work so far, however I have noticed a JavaScript error that seems to be related to Jetpack. That said, could you please disable Jetpack and check if it helped? Of course you may enable it later but this would give me a valuable clue.

Keep me updated please!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Victoria
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello -
    Neither of them work. When I placed the ad code and saved, I had the same problem.
    I also disabled jetpack and tried again. No change in email notifications or advertising settings.

Next, thing I know, I can't get in at all. Now my entire site is not loading and I can't get back into the dashboard.

HELP!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Victoria,

Next, thing I know, I can't get in at all. Now my entire site is not loading and I can't get back into the dashboard.

This is weird, I admit. Have you been able to fix this and access your site or would you need assistance? If so, please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- your site's WordPress admin login URL
    - admin login and password (may be a temporary account)
    - FTP credentials (hostname, username, password, port number if needed)
    - phpMyAdmin login URL
    - any other relevant URLs and information
    - link back to this thread

Please use our contact form here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first and let me know when you're ready!

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.