Pro Sites and Membership integration

HI! I’ve searched here and found several threads from over 6mths ago saying that these 2 plugins were going to have better integration added, but I can’t find anything since. Has this happened?

What I’m trying to do is control access to Pro Sites using Membership. So on my multisite network on the main site I’m using Membership to control access to private forums, BuddyPress and premium content.

All members will sign up to a free membership – either public or business. Business members will then be given the option to upgrade their membership to a paid level that will include a Pro Site (blog + their own shop using MarketPress) and access to more private content and premium support.

So – should I charge using Membership that then could activate Pro Sites for their account?

Or, do I charge using Pro Sites?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• bluekimberlite
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Jack. Could I trouble you for a bit more detail please?

So they sign up for a free membership. Once logged in to the business level membership they can see the option to upgrade their Membership account.

They pay for that and are moved to a new Membership level. How does that process then trigger the addition of a Pro Site to their account? Will this work in this type of scenario:

Free Business Membership upgrades to one of these paid levels:

– Level 1 – 1 year, 10 items in MarketPress shop, 1 Classifieds listing. Can be paid up front or monthly

– Level 2 – 1 year, unlimited items in MarketPress shop, unlimited Classifieds listings. Can be paid up front or monthly

Level 3 – Level 2 + ability to chose Pro Site blog theme (managed using New Blog Template plugin)

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @bluekimberlite

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay.

I’m afraid this would be a more manual process.

There is no automatic way of doing this currently.

The most automatic you could get this would be to restrict registration of new sites to the higher up level, so they have to be on that level, otherwise I’d need to be manual where you add them from the admin side.

Another way to do it, would be to charge the members that have a site with you via pro sites, then add them manually to the correct membership level, actually I think that may be a better way round of doing things as then you’d have a bit more control.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• bluekimberlite
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for your reply Jack.

I’m wondering – would there be any way to do this using pings in Membership?

I haven’t got my head around using pings yet, but I’ve been reading about them today.

Could someone upgrading their account trigger a ping to run a script that somehow hooks into Pro Sites and creates an account based on the info sent to the script? And then email them the necessary info.

Does Pro Sites have an API or would this just require a clever php script? And if this is possible, I imagine I’d need the help of a programmer – any idea on the scale of this so I can see if it’s a viable option?

thank you!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

HI! I’ve searched here and found several threads from over 6mths ago saying that these 2 plugins were going to have better integration added, but I can’t find anything since. Has this happened?

No, they are really two plugins for two different markets.

What I’m trying to do is control access to Pro Sites using Membership. So on my multisite network on the main site I’m using Membership to control access to private forums, BuddyPress and premium content.

Yes, you could use membership on the main account to control access to content (which is what it is for), but it has no way to control what plugins are active, so you would have to have Pro sites network activated on all sites.

All members will sign up to a free membership – either public or business. Business members will then be given the option to upgrade their membership to a paid level that will include a Pro Site (blog + their own shop using MarketPress) and access to more private content and premium support.

You could integrate via the move to a new level / subscription to add “extra” time to a pro-site. The problem you would have is identifying which blog /site you are going to upgrade. WordPress holds no information on which site a user “created” so getting that information is a bit “hit and miss” of a hunt in the database.

So – should I charge using Membership that then could activate Pro Sites for their account?

Pro-sites has to be network activated – it will be active on all sites, you can’t activate it on single / individual sites.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.