Pro Sites And Membership - Kinda like Envato, same membership, different site

This site have been a huge help to me, so I'd like to say thanks first.

As for my question, I am wanting to be able to to have a network of websites that has one membership. Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

1. Anyone who registers automatically gets placed on our mailchimp newsletter
2. They will get access to a limited prosite (5 pages, unlimited posts)
3. They can upgrade at any point for a yearly fee (unlimited site with template choices and ability to add their own WP templates)
4. There will be another section where they can pay another yearly fee to access church design templates (on a single page that is protected and exclusive to paid members)
5. All on the same domain

Can I do all this on one domain? Can I have the same membership, but across different domains? Possibly domain mapping under the primary domain?

Am I crazy for asking such questions?

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya estevanmontoya,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

Glad you've found some helpful stuff already. Now, to your questions I believe this is all doable, probably with Pro Sites and no need for the membership plugin.

You can setup levels within Pro Sites to allow for many things (unlimited posts, premium themes, domain mapping, etc).

The Mailchimp signup, use our plugin here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/mailchimp-newsletter-integration

Only tricky part is the ability for users to add their own themes. Currently this is a task only available via the Network Admin, so individual sites cannot add their own. I don't know a way around this at the moment.

Otherwise, should be pretty straight forward. Once you have multisite up and running I'd install Pro Sites. Start with your most basic level, and then add levels with increasing permissions.

Let us know if you run into any trouble. Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings estevanmontoya :slight_smile:

yes by controlling which levels have access to which services :slight_smile: of course that being said with Pro Sites in mind as the controller.

For example in pro sites there is a free account by default.

Then for level 1 you could control the websites portion of your site.

Then for level 2 you could give access to a customized plugin for example that has your downloads embedded within that show in the dashboard of the site issued in level 1 above.

Another scenario could be that the Levels control the web site features both plugins and themes while you use Market Press to sell the downloads :slight_smile:

The possible combinations are many to include using Pro Sites for managing the sites as mentioned above and using Market Press to sell a Password to the page that is embedded with your downloads and controlled using the Password Protect Selected Content Plugin.

Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.