Pro Sites and New Blog Templates

When using Prosites with New Blog Templates, what happens if the Default Site is a Prosite? Does it inherit the Prosite settings etc...

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi wecreateyou,

Pro Sites statuses won't be cloned by New Blog Templates so you won't have to worry about that. It's basically the same as with Supporter and New Blog Templates. So you won't have to worry about that setting carrying over in cloned sites.

Hope that helps!

-David

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

Great thanks David. and I have another question regarding NBT.

I'm using Catalyst Theme and I need the following code to execute right after the new site is created.

catalyst_write_styles();

Where would the best place to add this. Without it the child themes for Catalyst won't be properly dealt with and will require "saving" before their style sheets will be functional.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi wecreateyou,

I believe you can use the 'wpmu_new_blog' action to run that, as New Blog Templates itself does.

So perhaps with something like this:

function catalyst_blog_creation() {
    catalyst_write_styles();
    }
    add_action('wpmu_new_blog', 'catalyst_blog_creation', 999, 1);

EDIT: Forgot to post the above code with your snippet

The tricky thing is that the 999 there is a priority that entails New Blog Template is run after all other blog creation actions are first run. If your code is set to less than that, New Blog Template will run after it, whereas you'd need it to run before your code. I'm not sure if setting it so 999 will entail your code runs afterward or not. Potentially though, I imagine you could change that priority in New Blot Template to 998 and keep your code at 999.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.