Pro Sites Asks for Payment Info to Start free Trial

Hello.

I have seen that your current version of Pro Sites asks for payment before the site is created. I am using PayPal sandbox for my tests.

I want to offer users a free trial, however, they are required to enter their payment information before starting the trial period.

I think the trial period should start without payment information to increase conversions. Is this possible?

Thank you!

• Milan

Hi @Carlos,

Hope you're doing well.

If you want your user to signup for free and they don't need to pay for it. You can do this by allowing free sign up functionality in pro-sites.

Here is how you can do this.

#1 Navigate to Pro-Sites --> Settings ---> General Settings .
    #2 Check checkbox which says "Allow Free Signup".

That's it..

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff( WPMUDEV )

• Milan

Hi @Carlos,

Of Course you can let user create free account for specific time period. Here is how you can achieve this.

#1) Go to general settings of pro site. You can navigate to those settings by Network Admin --> Pro Sites --> Settings
    #2) Inside general settings you will see Free trial settings as "Free Trial". By default pro-sites comes with free trail settings disabled. But You can enable it any time you want.. :slight_smile:

Furthermore you can customize message user sees when they subscribe for free trial. Settings for that you can find just under Free Trial setting.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Milan

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Joseph,

I think that there was some confusion back when this ticket was started so let me first explain how this process works.

Free signup that was mentioned by Milan above is not the as the Free Trial, free signups allow you to create subsites completely free and they will not have any of the pro features that you have configured.

Free Trial on the other hand will have the full access during the trial period, however during the registration process client is required to enter payment details.
      When payment details are collected they will have access to their site and start their trial period but they will not be billed until the trial period expires, and this process is automated so if they don't cancel their account before the trial end they will be billed automatically and will be able to continue to use their site.

If you have any additional questions about this please start a new Chat or Ticket so we don't spam original poster with email notifications about our responses and we will gladly assist you further.

Best regards,
      Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.