pro sites bandwidth

i am entertaining the idea of using a prosite installation for the company i work for. my name is chris, and i had my company invest in your services and products. we want to create a way for clients to create their own sites and manage their content through wordpress on a paid subscription platform. really cool to have found this. the only question i have before jumping into the development is if there is a way to cap bandwidth. we host our own websites and have upwards of 2,000 sites. we project that this new prosites endeavor can double this within a year or 2 – we need to make sure we are not getting hosed on unlimited bandwidth for one blog over another. we would like to be able to have users get a limited bandwidth cap and be able to purchase premium unlimited hosting services. is there a way to do this with the plugin? i saw support for storage caps, but not anything about hosting/bandwidth caps. is this possible with the current implementation or can we have this built into the plugin for a future release?

please email me at cferrari@mainstreethost.com

im not sure ill get the one that is tied to our account when we signed up

thanks

-Chris

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

This isn’t possible right now, sorry.

You would need to check bandwidth on the server level rather than software level, as all sites essentially fall under one account on a server it would be more complex.

If this is something you absolutely need then it would require some research and custom development, sorry.

Take care.

• mainstreethost
    • Mainstreethost

this would be extremely essential. my IT department said this is a no go unless we can throttle bandwidth usage per site. since we host our own sites, we pay for our bandwidth, and we cant potentially fill up a multisite and have it tap out our resources. some of our clients pay for dedicated servers, so we want to be able to offer unlimited bandwidth to those that want to opt into it, otherwise, we need to have quotas.

What kind of research and custom development are we looking into and is this something that your team would be interested into integrating into future releases?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

What kind of research and custom development are we looking into and is this something that your team would be interested into integrating into future releases?

This isn’t something we’d take on but if code was submitted to us then we’d consider including it within a future release and then maintaining it.

You would need to contact a developer for any quotes and costings.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.