Pro Sites breaks dashboard

I can not install pro sites because it breaks the dashboard.

Here is the process.
1. Upload the latest version of pro sites and install in the correct folder.
2. Go to network dashboard and activate
3. Dashboard refresh fails with a 500 error (see image)

The Sites across the network still work but any attempt to access any of the dashboards fails with this 500 error.

Removing the prosites files causes a plugging missing error and enables recovery back to the pre install state.

The Site is buddypress and multisite with the following plugging active
Anti-Splog, AutoBlog, Automessage, bbPress, BP Group Email, BuddyPress, BuddyPress Activity Plus, BuddyPress Group Calendar, CustomPress, Domain Mapping plugin, Global Site Tags, Global Site Tags Widget, Google Analytics, Google, Maps, Mail From,New Blog Templates, Post Indexer, Remember Me Checked, Signup TOS, Ultimate Facebook, Wiki, WPMU DEV Update Notifications

I've done the obvious things such as re-downloading the plugin

Anyone else seen this problem?

This is the only thing showing in the server log file - The same error occurs with or without Pro-Sites activated - but it may be relevant

[14-Apr-2012 10:55:28] WordPress database error Table '<sitedabasename>.wp_1_options' doesn't exist for query SELECT option_value FROM
wp_1_options WHERE option_name IN ('siteurl','blogname')
ORDER BY option_name DESC made by require, require_once, include, locate_template, load_template, require_once, multisite_recent_posts
[14-Apr-2012 10:55:28] WordPress database error Table '<sitedabasename>.wp_1_posts' doesn't exist for query SELECT ID, post_title
FROM wp_1_posts WHERE post_status = 'publish'
AND ID > 0
AND post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,1 made by require, require_once, include, locate_template, load_template, require_once, multisite_recent_posts