Pro Sites Bulk Upgrade Credit Purchase Problem

With the bulk upgrade PayPal Payment Type set recurring, user gets a blank page when PayPal sends user back to my site after making payment.

Then when the PayPal Payment Type is set to single... user gets sent back to the bulk upgrades page after making payment. A message that says transaction complete is shown to the user... but no credit gets added to the user account.

I tested these with both live paypal and paypal sandbox accounts, the bulk upgrade does not work as expected.

I have requests too,

1) Is it possible to add PayPal page_style option to both the single and recurring bulk upgrades Paypal payment code <input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="page style name">

2) I would like pro sites to have a feature that would give members option to use their credits to pay/activate a site when adding a new site at the point where a member gets sent to pro-sites payment page. It will be a nice addition for someone that has pay-to-blog module enabled. Why give me only paypal payment option when I have credits that I can use.

3) How to generate series of unique codes that can only be used once or the number of times you want, hand over the codes to third party marketer(s) to sell at a promotional price, purchasers of the codes can then use them to signup and get a site or multiple sites from me at a great deal without having to go through the payment process on my site. I have been cracking my head on this one... and if there's a way to make the code to be auto generated for the third party marketer, maybe via paypal IPN forwarding, that will just crush it.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

What is the URL of the blank page that users are sent back to after purchasing a builk upgrade? Do you also have the relevant payment gateways set up correctly?

1, Can you clarify exactly what you're referring to here - I'm not aware of page_style

2, If a user has purchased bulk upgrade this can be used to upgrade existing sites from their dashboard.

3, Simply activate the coupon codes modules and you will be able to create coupon codes with limited number of uses and/or expiry. There's no way to autogenerate them at the moment though I'm afraid.

Thanks,
    Phil

• pwpmd99999
    • Flash Drive

Here's the url of the blank page that users are sent back to after purchasing a recurring payment bulk upgrade:

http://userblog.mydomain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?txn_type=subscr_signup&subscr_id=I-W03CKGW849VB&last_name=User&residence_country=US&mc_currency=USD&item_name=10+mydomain.com+Instant+Site+Bulk+Upgrade+Credits&business=paysan_1326822057_biz%40site360.com&amount3=60.00&recurring=1&payer_status=verified&payer_email=paysan_1326822224_per%40site360.com&first_name=Test&receiver_email=paysan_1326822057_biz%40site360.com&payer_id=V9EVENSE88UK4&reattempt=1&item_number=19_10&subscr_date=15%3A57%3A05+Jan+17%2C+2012+PST&custom=50_19_10_60.00_USD_1326844473&charset=windows-1252&period3=1+Y&mc_amount3=60.00&auth=2Jz2Y2RTfEcMlfJl3OunS7p_bKtV-dCYWQS-JKuL_bvR4LPTgpg6iQ2YfFm9MB3iSC9_AaVN9veIhRrQ9hU93dFL2CdAJ9i9LKeBTX8_gH8OeWd2Tq8Gom66ocv-XHkjZPVBqUNGBiL68Bozau4XlApiSOjRTqYk-rsmP7-0V47PCrSGh6tcYrgeyLU4NBA_T3n4X2wtX0ICPUt68hix2c1Fz26FZn4NDcRIk3n41Tbr_yxKhV-yYmz3zEu&form_charset=UTF-8

>
    Do you also have the relevant payment gateways set up correctly?
    >

Yes, I do. Question: Does a user account email address needs to match the paypal email address the user used in making payment, if yes... this could be the reason both the single and recurring bulk upgrade credit purchase does not work expected when the two emails does not match.

>
    1, Can you clarify exactly what you're referring to here - I'm not aware of page_style
    >

This is the custom payment page style for paypal checkout pages.

Allowable values are:
    1) paypal – this uses the PayPal page style
    2) primary – this use the page style that you marked as primary in your account profile usually the default page style.
    3) page_style_name – this uses the custom payment page style from paypal ownsers account profile that has the specified name.

The default/prmary page style can be overridden by adding <input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="page style name"> to ones paypal payment button's code.

>
    2, If a user has purchased bulk upgrade this can be used to upgrade existing sites from their dashboard.
    >

I know but member have to navigate to that page after adding a new site. I think having an option to allow a member use their credit should be given to the member as well on the pro-sites payment page if the member has credit available in the member's account.

>
    3, Simply activate the coupon codes modules and you will be able to create coupon codes with limited number of uses and/or expiry. There's no way to autogenerate them at the moment though I'm afraid.
    >

This will be a lot of manual work if one is to generate 800+ unique codes for 800+ buyers that buys the promotional sale that will need the coupon code to get their discount. Plus, the 800+ emails I need to send to all buyers with their unique code.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

That URL doesn't look right to me at all, but I'm going to ask the developer to look at that with me to make sure.

Does a user account email address needs to match the paypal email address the user used in making payment

No, they just need to enter the right details into PayPal itself.

The default/prmary page style can be overridden by adding <input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="page style name"> to ones paypal payment button's code.

There's not really a way to do this in Pro Sites I'm afraid, no.

Thanks

• pwpmd99999
    • Flash Drive

>
    There's not really a way to do this in Pro Sites I'm afraid, no.
    >

I added <input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="page style name"> with my paypal page style name to the paypal bulk upgrade module code for single payment and it worked.

Still waiting for the bulk upgrade credit purchase problem to be fixed... delaying me from launching the site. If it can't be fixed... I'll have to disable the bulk upgrade module and launch the site.

• pwpmd99999
    • Flash Drive

The addition of Bulk Upgrades credit purchase to the checkout grid in the latest version of Pro sites is a great idea... but it does not work when Pay to Blog module is enabled... because the Pay to Blog module blocks the user's access to Bulk Upgrades admin page. Which makes the Bulk Upgrades Credit Purchase on the checkout grid useless when Pay to Blog is enabled.

I think users should be allowed to access their Bulk Upgrades Admin Page even when Pay to Blog Module is enabled.

Please, fix... as I'm using pay to blog module for my site.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay - I have been unwell and so unable to respond. Also please note that continually replying to a topic (or "bumping") merely puts it to the bottom of the list rather than prompting a quicker response.

I will ask the developer to provide feedback on the clash of Pay To Blog vs Bulk Upgrades as soon as he has change...

Thanks

• Aaron
    • CTO

With the bulk upgrade PayPal Payment Type set recurring, user gets a blank page when PayPal sends user back to my site after making payment.

You need to turn off the setting in your account that posts all the transaction variables back. Forgot what that's called.

Then when the PayPal Payment Type is set to single... user gets sent back to the bulk upgrades page after making payment. A message that says transaction complete is shown to the user... but no credit gets added to the user account.

Credit is added when paypal actually makes the charge and sends the IPN. That is usually delayed a few minutes, to as many as a few days if they pay by echeck. Also make sure you are using the latest pro sites as there have been alot of bugfixes in this module lately.

1) Is it possible to add PayPal page_style option to both the single and recurring bulk upgrades Paypal payment code <input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="page style name">

Maybe will add this down the road. For now you can either customize the code, or set the default style in your paypal account.

2) I would like pro sites to have a feature that would give members option to use their credits to pay/activate a site when adding a new site at the point where a member gets sent to pro-sites payment page. It will be a nice addition for someone that has pay-to-blog module enabled. Why give me only paypal payment option when I have credits that I can use.

As you said the latest version adds to the checkout form. I'll have to see if I can make paytoblog not block the bulk upgrades page.

3) How to generate series of unique codes that can only be used once or the number of times you want, hand over the codes to third party marketer(s) to sell at a promotional price, purchasers of the codes can then use them to signup and get a site or multiple sites from me at a great deal without having to go through the payment process on my site. I have been cracking my head on this one... and if there's a way to make the code to be auto generated for the third party marketer, maybe via paypal IPN forwarding, that will just crush it.

That's a system you'll need to code yourself. Giving bulk credits is easy, just updating their usermeta.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.