Pro Sites - can I use any theme for "pro level?"

As I'm going to be providing my new users with the ability to upgrade to a Pro site with more choices for themes, can I install and activate any theme (even non-WPMU themes), for the upgraded level?

• aecnu

Greetings Gregg Davis,

Thank you for the great question and of course you can install and activate any theme (even non-WPMU themes), for the upgraded level

As long as the theme is truly MultiSite compatible I do not see you having any issues involving this unless it is caused by something else i.e. plugin conflicts etc.

I would not recommend trying to integrate Frame Work type themes though i.e. Genesis, Thesis, Salutations etc.

In addition, you can also enable several themes for a certain level allowing them a choice for the relative level of course.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Gregg,

The reason why I was not too hip or not too hip on the idea of frameworks with MultiSites is directly due to the frame work itself and the inability of most folks (or so it seems) to be able to integrate plugins within the framework itself.

Of course they will blame the plugin when in fact they just have no idea how to integrate the plugin into the framework itself.

However, for those that are adept at integrating into their frameworks which it indeed seems that you are from what you have offered to date, then no problem.

Thank you Gregg for asking and your considerations thereof and once again have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.