Pro Sites - Change PayPal buttonsource and add new locale

Hi support,

Two questions:

1. Where and how do we add new country locale to the PayPal Site in Pro Sites Settings? Is it possible to add a "default locale" that automatic detects clients IP for locale, thus making the country locale unnecessary?

2. We need to add code to the button source for PayPal Express, eg. BUTTONSOURCE= Partnername_PartnerType_PAYPALPRODUCT. Where and how should this be done?

• Tom Eagles

Hi there wpx,

There are two sections the first is currency, the second is available when you activate the paypal express/pro addon. see screenshots. Is this what you mean or do you want to add additional countries to this list? Remember that this doesnt guarantee that PayPal will be available in the country you add. There is no geoip function built into ProSites as yet, but i will mark this as a feature request for consideration by the developer.

As for adding the code to the button I had a look and couldnt spot an obvious place for this so am asking the developer for feedback on this for you aswell again hopefully this could be added as a field in the setup of paypal in the admin side of pro sites.

Cheers!

• WPX

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

#1. Its the second one. I would like to add additional countries to this list. Is there a "neutral" country to add?
    We sell to several different countries and would prefer to have it as local as possible or as "neutral" as possible. Where and how do we additional countries?

#2. Sounds great. Adding a field in the setup of paypal in the admin side of pro sites is probably the best solution, but it would "wait" for a later plugin update i presume. Is it possible, for now, to hardcode it?

• WPX

The locale settings would be changed in wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php?

- And not to send a locale in the api request would require that I add:
    'default' => 'Default'
    somewhere between ln 137-185, right?

What about #2 adding code to the button source for PayPal Express, eg. BUTTONSOURCE= Partnername_PartnerType_PAYPALPRODUCT.

- If I need to hardcode it, what file, where and how should this be done?