Pro Sites Checkout Not Working!

I updated the plugin yesterday to the most recent version and I see that the checkout process is now not working on my website. As you can see in the screenshot attached there is no way for the user to move forward from this screen... whether they select monthly, quarterly or of course annually nothing happens. I have done what I can to troubleshoot, but it was working on this website with the old version of Pro Sites and everyone was able to pay via Stripe. I will need this fixed ASAP as now my Members are unable to upgrade, pay or do anything on the website other than create a 30-day free trial website.

• Fadie Hany Areny

I also am running into another issue now as well. When I create a new website the username that is created has no permissions to access the back end (wp-admin) of the website, even though they are the admin. Of course this is on a multi-site and the super admin has access to the website but I have changed nothing on the website to prevent admins from accessing their own websites and yet I am getting the error that is in the screenshot attached. All help would be greatly appreciated...

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Fadie,

Can you grant support access to you site? I would like to see your settings. You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.
    Also can you enable debug mode in your WordPress?

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

As for the second issue - please, check if you enable the "Pay To Blog" module in Pro Sites.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Fadie Hany Areny

This reply is in regards to the second issue. Attached is the screenshot for the Pay to Blog module and I don't see anywhere on the settings where it says whether it is enabled or not, but I do see the Disable Front End checked. Please find attached screenshot for more info on second issue. I will be granting temporary access and also changing the config file to incorporate debug so we can see what's going on with the system. Thank you very much for the fast reply!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Fadie,

You can copy the content of the log file and past it to the plain txt file, or you can zip the log file, and then you can add the archive to the post on forum. I'm not able to look at your files through the WordPress Dashboard.

As for they "Pay for blog" - I've tested this module, and all others and this is not the reason for not having access to the /wp-admin/ of subsite.

Could you try for a while deactivate all the plugins in network and see if user still can't get access to the /wp-admin/ of his site? I would like to exclude the plugin conflict.

Kind regards,
      Kasia

• Fadie Hany Areny

Kasia,

I went ahead and deactivated every plugin on the network and went to login with one of the newly created usernames / websites and still find that there is no permission to access the website which makes no sense to me. Please find attached the screenshot showing the same error when attempting to access the website with the username that created the website and who is admin on the website.

I have also copied the debug log and put it into a regular notepad document and I have attached it to this post for your reference as well. Thank you again for your time and help in this matter, I had thought that maybe this was an issue because of the Pro Sites plugin not being updated, so I got a new Membership to WPMU Dev and it still isn't working.

Respectfully,

Fadie Hany Areny

• Fadie Hany Areny

Kasia,

Debug log showed many notices and warnings caused from Pro Sites plugin back on July 22, 2015 which was before I reactivated my WPMU Membership and updated the Pro Sites plugin. Once I updated the Pro Sites plugin all of those notices and warnings were fixed, and as you can see within the Debug log that there were only the following errors:

[28-Jul-2015 18:28:00 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: style in /home/admin/web/aeos.io/public_html/wp-content/plugins/affiliate/affiliateincludes/classes/affiliatedashboard.php on line 208
    [28-Jul-2015 18:28:00 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: style in /home/admin/web/aeos.io/public_html/wp-content/plugins/affiliate/affiliateincludes/classes/affiliatedashboard.php on line 208

So everything else in the Debug log is quite frankly irrelevant to this posting as it was before I had reactivated my WPMU Membership and updated the Plugins. Now we only have the above errors, which seems to look like its from the Affiliates plugin I have installed from WPMU.

When will the second line of support be reviewing this issue? And will I need to extend temporary access since I know it expires in 72 hours from when I initially gave it to WPMU? Thanks for all your help Kasia, have a great rest of your day!

Respectfully,

Fadie Hany Areny

• Fadie Hany Areny

Kasia,

An update.

I have downloaded the User Role Editor plugin from the WP Depository and I went in and checked out what the Administrator role settings were. It looks like something has changed the user role settings and prevented the Administrator to "Create Sites" and to "Manage Sites". So I went ahead and made these changes and BOOM! Everything is now fixed. It apparently had something to do with the User Role settings within the WordPress Database. I have no clue which plugin changed it, but I wanted to update you and let you know that this issue is now resolved.

The only issue we now have is the original reasoning for the post here... The Pro Sites Plugin is not working on the Checkout and it does not let you move forward as soon as you click either Monthly, Quarterly or Annually on the website. I do not know what is preventing it from moving forward but if we can please get this fixed immediately I need people to pay for their Memberships! :slight_smile:

Respectfully,

Fadie Hany Areny

• Fadie Hany Areny

Thank you Kasia,

Yes the issue with the pricing table is still present and I need to get that resolved ASAP.

I don't know, I guess I may have had a plugin installed that somehow changed some things around with the administrator permissions; however, it is resolved and we only have the one issue with the pricing table with Pro Sites.

I will also extend temporary access to our website so that your team can go in and see what the settings are and troubleshoot the issue at hand.

Respectfully,

Fadie Hany Areny

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Fadie,

Is there a possibility you could give access to your site to our plugin developer @Umesh Kumar - he would like to check this issue (there is problem with replicating this behaviour).

Use our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Umesh Kumar"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - PHPMyAdmin (url/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to right person.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Kasia