Pro sites checkout page customization only on Login area?

I understand you allow us to edit the Checkout page, however, my edits do not appear on the actual checkout page, but the login page.

(Using Stripe Gateway).

Is this a bug with Stripe? Or does this function with other gateways? Or am i simply bugged.

Again – just to be clear.

Edits to page appear only on that page when LOGIN info is displayed. Not on Select a payment plan display.

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

PC, I am having the bug again. The customization appears on a login screen, but not on the pro sites checkout.

So it seems to randomly not display that info. Anyone else using this and having similar problems? I do not have any crazy things, just some text.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @in-mn

Can you please provide me some screenshots and links so that I can have a closer look.

Also, if possible, could you please hook me up with admin access and send the details via the secure contact form and I will have a look at that.

Please note that I will be away tomorrow and the day after as its my sisters ring ceremony however, I will try to look into it asap :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @brian , thanks for pinging me on this one.

@in-mn

as per my last post

Hey @in-mn

Can you please provide me some screenshots and links so that I can have a closer look.

Also, if possible, could you please hook me up with admin access and send the details via the secure contact form and I will have a look at that.

Please note that I will be away tomorrow and the day after as its my sisters ring ceremony however, I will try to look into it asap :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Can you please advise so that I can take care of this one ?

I am marking this one as not-resolved so that we know we still need to work on it.

Cheers, PC

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

PC – I am getting screenshots for you

However network admin access I am leary of. This is a live site with live customer data. Pro sites stripe has bugs. Wrong click can cause problems. Should you need to check something specific..

However it seems its an issue with the stripe gateway itself. The customization on the page is displayed On Login, On select a Site to Upgrade, but not on the Checkout / Grid page when using the Stripe gateway.

If this does not help, I can do more. However, I dont want to stard opening up my server and such if not necessary as I believe this is a easily replicated bug of pro-sites / stripe

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

Hmm, on my un modified test system, not working. Delete the pro-site page, updated settings, re-edited, still not working as expected. (I expected to to appear at teh top of the page with the payment grid).

I’m sure it used to work like that.

(second screen shot shows my custom check out page content TEST TEST)

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Yeah. It used to.

Somewhere I saw a post from Aaron saying that the sales info only appeared if they didnt have a current plan. However te way pro sites work. People have to all have a current plan / trial

I haven’t been able to test with a clean site. Out I’ll. but I’m wondering if sales text would appear on a “free” user but not a “free trial”

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@in-mn

To be honest what i Initially did with my site was to create a features page which explained all of the different packages and then added a sign up button which just simply linked to the sign up page..

The only way round the problems you guys have found was to have a custom checkout page built.which included the sales info on the checkout page, It works as a plugin and uses custom post types to create a table of features in each section.

But it looks very sleek and does the job awsomely.

Cheers

Tom

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Selling over 40 million follars of online products, that “works” but also lowers your conversion as much as 30%

What the big issue is that we’re all spending time on this because we were told to customize the checkout page by doing x. When this in fact can’t handle a custom checkout page. Bad documentation.

This is why I stressed better documentation so we can simply code our own pages. This is a recurring theme. Knowing what information is needed to be passed back via web hook to upgrade or cancel accounts would be far better documentation vs “customize checkout page by doing this” which actually doesn’t work.

Pro sites. You can customize anything but the checkout page. Great plugin.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@in-mn

Aaron is looking at upgrading this section of the plugin at the moment. I am not sure to what level he is doing it. I understand the frustration on this one as it’s the only down side to a great plugin, hence i went the custom layer way. If he gets it working the way i have mine it would be awsome.

Cheers!

Tom

• brianfeister
    • Flash Drive

@tom, @in-mn, @pc – I posted over here and wanted to link the two threads since it seems that I’m encountering the same issue as @in-min, that the checkout process is entirely hardcoded and not extensible. You can look at my thread over here for some details about how I need to accomodate a completely different business model with regard to how pro-sites works (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/paid-multisite-single-level-x-startup-cost-with-y-months-free-and-zmo-after#post-317395). Really, it shouldn’t be that big of an issue, but the plugin is laid out where the whole pro-sites.php file is just static and lacks any kind of action hooks, so extending it would mean forking the whole class definition and would then future plugin version updates would be a guaranteed headache.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi at @brianfeister

To do what i needed / wanted which included making the checkout page much more useable was to add a layer on top in the form of a plugin, which extended the capabilities and made it’s a lot nicer graphically. Which is pretty much the current level of customisation and that was 1200 lines of code.

However Aaron our lead developer is thinking about ways that this end of prosites could be improved although i have no eta on that.

Cheers

Tom

• brianfeister
    • Flash Drive

Hey @tom – apologies, I’m sure my comment came across as critical. I’m sure that there are many ways to accomplish this and it’s alot easier to critique something after the fact than to build it from the foundation up. For now, my 2 cents is a few action hooks, e.g.

do_action('my_psts_hook')

so that developers could do things like

remove_action('my_psts_hook') // remove this bit of the checkout process

add_action('my_psts_hook', 'build_custom_functionality', 10, 2)

could be added to make things a bit more extensible. Also, you could registers some of the existing functionality inside action hooks so that I could disable those actions programmatically from within a custom theme that I would build. Just trying to be helpful, I know that it’s easy to critique and much harder to build – maybe some of those ideas would be easy enough to implement.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@brianfeister

Hey there no problems, I didn’t take it that way at all. It’s one of the most featured requests for prosites and we are working on it. The problem is that its also a very complicated plugin and sometimes small changes can have site wide impacts for example if users miss steps etc. So we tried to make it as userfriendly as possible, But at the same time we recognise that as more and more people use it it needs further expansion. It’s a balacing act, to keep the average user and hardcore developers that want to mod or extend it or creatte advanced use case scenarios.

But we love all feedback both positive and negative as it can only help us deliver the goods to you the members.

I am going to tag this as a feature request which will bring it to the attention of our lead developer who also works on this plugin.

Glad to have you around the forums and thanks for the great feedback

Cheers

Tom

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

makes sense. any way the message could appear on free trial (or all) sites?

by the way – i did some custom css for the page to have the stripe checkout appear on right side, single yearly option on left, with hiding of title tags

– very helpful that you guys had everything with separate ids and tags. Thanks for that

otherwise just note that customization only appears on free sites or those not logged in.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.