Pro Sites Checkout Page Not Generating

Hi,

My pro sites checkout page is blank in the editor and displays this on the web page: http://theheritagesource.com/pro/

I saw in your suggestions before submitting a ticket to change permalinks. They were set properly when the site was built. But now there is no longer an access to permalinks in the settings tab on either the site or network admin.

What's going on with this and how do I fix it.

Then, once displayed. How do I edit that area? Will it show up in the editor? Or where are the fields to populate that give me the display text withing the levels options boxes that the user sees when making thier purchase decision?

I've been all over your videos and useage page and it's not covered.

Thank you, Patrick

• Tyler Postle

Hey Patrick,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

The checkout page has virtual content on it to present the pricing table :slight_smile:

You can add content to the page and it will place it above the pricing table.

is it showing a pricing table? I just see a login form since I'm logged out, but it looks like it's behaving as it should.

Then, once displayed. How do I edit that area? Will it show up in the editor? Or where are the fields to populate that give me the display text withing the levels options boxes that the user sees when making thier purchase decision?

The pricing table is virtual so it won't show up there for you to edit, you can of course change the prices and plan names in the "levels" menu.

What many other members do is use another pricing plugin to display on their site and list out all the features then link the buttons to the Pro Site checkout :slight_smile:

We have a list of 5 free pricing plugins here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/free-wordpress-pricing-table-plugins/

In our next major release of Pro Sites we're working on re-doing the checkout process completely, which will include a new more customizable pricing table.

Hope this helps Patrick! Let us know if you still need any further assistance here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Enfusia

Thank you Tyler,

That's what I was initially attempting to do was link a plugin to the prosites check out.

How do I do that?

The plugin takes a URL of pay pal or others in it's button section.
    See screen shot attached called Pricing table:

So, it has a GUI field to enter the button url. where can I get or generate that button url for each of the prices?

Here is what the pricing table looks like displayed. http://theheritagesource.com/pricing/

Plus. On the 1st question, the Pro sites does not show me a pricing table. If I'm not logged in it asks me to loggin to determin which site I would like to upgrade. See attached screen shot called upgrade.

And if I AM logged in it gives me this screen. See attachment called: this screen.

To be clear, I want to use the plugin I'm showing you so, if you can tell me where those urls are hiding that will be great.

Thank you, Patrick

• Enfusia

Hi, actually what I said above may be backwards. It's pay pal that gives us the url. So, then how do I get the pricing table plugin to tell pro sites that the customer bought Lever X or Y so that it can fulfil the order?

If it cant how do I fix your pricing tables that are not working if you look at the screen shots I provided?

Either way, I just need it to work. I would prefer the table plugin.

Just wanted to add clarity.

Thank you, Patrick

• Enfusia

Hi, the site is a clients site. I would really appreciate it if you could maybe speak to Ari as he's got a full set of login credentials as admin.

But the site is a clients site. I'm a member and I liked your products so I refered him to you and he became a member.

I would appreciate it if we could resolve this and the other ticket that was started on the 4th. I need to move this project forward.

the usl is: http://theheritagesource.com

Thank you, Patrick

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Patrick,

Hope you're doing well today!

Do you have another account username or perhaps did you grant the access under the clients username? I just checked your account and you don't have any sites linked to the dashboard. Which means no sites to access.

If you're able to provide us with your clients username then we can search it up and access their site for a closer look :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back Patrick!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Thanks Patrick!

I logged into it and the checkout page is working exactly as expected, when a user has more than 1 site then it first goes to a page of their sites, so they can select the one they want to upgrade/modify :slight_smile:

Once you select a site then it will go to the pricing table page.

I noticed that the pay button was just refreshing the page, this is happening because the PayPal credentials still need to be filled in via:

Pro Sites > Settings > Payment Settings.

Hope this helps Patrick! Let us know if you still have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Enfusia

Hi Tyler, I think maybe the issue is not understood.
    Let me explain:

I used the Fat Cat Apps plugin: https://fatcatapps.com/easypricingtables/
    that was recomended by one of you guys a while back.

I'm using it in prosites.

It simply has a GUI field to put pay pals url into it for it's button per item.
    That's cool.

But how do I integrate that with prosites so it knows this person just bought a certain site level?

If you tell me this plugin can't be used afterall then please tell me how to properly set up your prosites payment area?

I went with this plugin becuase I couldn't get it to work.

Please understand, I'd now rather go with the plugin. I like the looks of it.

We NEED a working payment system.

Access has been granted through the 30th and the account is joshua20

If you need super admin let me know.

I really must find resolution with this issue.

Thank you, Patrick

• Tyler Postle

Hey Enfusia,

But how do I integrate that with prosites so it knows this person just bought a certain site level?

If you tell me this plugin can't be used afterall then please tell me how to properly set up your prosites payment area?

Where did that plugin get mentioned? I've never heard of it being used for this before. Pro Sites checkout process is very complex(coding wise) and integration with any other plugin to change it would likely require a lot of custom development.

I've attached a screenshot of the default Pro Sites checkout/pricing table, this is what you will see when you click the "Pro Upgrade" buttons in the dashboard/admin bar.

Right now it just refreshes the page, but this is because the PayPal API credentials haven't been filled out via:

Pro Sites > Settings > Payment Settings.

Fill those in then it should work correctly :slight_smile:

How does that sound?

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Enfusia

Hi Tyler, well here's how that went. You personally recommneded 5 free ones in your reply in this very thread on Dec 11th, see your link leading me to 5 free ones.

Then on another thread the fat cat apps was recommended by a user and one of you guys replied that it was a good choice or something to the effect.

I'm not complaining, but if I knew this it would have saved 20 days of wasted time. Once again, not upset or complaining. Just need to get it fixed.

I'll go see if I can get the default pricing table to work. It wasn't displaying properly and that's the reason I wanted to go with a plugin in the 1st place. Plus, the plugin looks better.

But hey, so long as it works, cool!

I'll go work on it and let you know.

Thank you, Patrick

• Enfusia

Hi, I messaged Tyler on this that it's still not working. But let's get to the brass tacks on this thing because I need it resolved.

Not as super admin, but as a user who DOES NOT yet have a pro site set up. I click sites> create sites in the upper right hand corner.

It takes me to the page to choose my site name, select a theme etc.

We have 3 levels; Free, Pro and Pro plus.

I select pro plus> click continue> fill out the human verification game> click continue and am brought right back to the page to choose my site name, theme etc...

It is NOT showing the checkout page to pay.

I have read as many as 20 threads with checkout page problems to see if you've possibly answered them there. No, it has not been answered. I've watched your videos, Googled and YouTubed it. Nope!

I really need this to be resolved. Thank you, Patrick

• Tyler Postle

Hey Enfusia and Joshua,

Hope you both had an awesome New Years :slight_smile:

You personally recommneded 5 free ones in your reply in this very thread on Dec 11th, see your link leading me to 5 free ones.

Yes, so those pricing plugins are to display the features/pricing on your site - not part of the checkout itself. It's to give the user/potential user a visual of your plans before they sign up. Then you can link them to the actual sign up where they create their free site then once logged in they can upgrade to a paid site from the checkout page created by Pro Sites.

@Joshua: posting, can you outline the check out process step by step so i can see how the process follows and how many steps my users will need to go through? I am the account holder of the site.

Register > Site Selection > Site Activation > Checkout/Upgrade.

The important thing to note here is that all sites must start as a free site first. Then they can be upgraded once the user is logged in to their activated site.

Then on another thread the fat cat apps was recommended by a user and one of you guys replied that it was a good choice or something to the effect.

Okay, my apologies, I understand now, the fat cat apps is the Easy Pricing table here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-pricing-tables/

So that will be the same situation as the ones I recommended. You can display them on your site then link them to the sign up page :slight_smile:

I'll go see if I can get the default pricing table to work. It wasn't displaying properly and that's the reason I wanted to go with a plugin in the 1st place. Plus, the plugin looks better.

I agree, those pricing tables do look better, we realize the pricing table with Pro Sites is a bit dated and we're actually in the process of completely re-doing the checkout process of Pro Sites, which includes a new pricing table.

I select pro plus> click continue> fill out the human verification game> click continue and am brought right back to the page to choose my site name, theme etc...

It is NOT showing the checkout page to pay.

If you deactivate the anti-splog plugin temporarily does the checkout process work correctly? Just want to see if it's a plugin conflict. They shouldn't be conflicting but it could be a combination of different plugins causing it.

I still didn't receive your response to the email I sent you directly through our contact system. I see that you read it on December 30th, but I never received anything back :slight_frown: not sure why our contact system won't receive emails from you; however, let's just bypass that all together and you can email my personal WPMU DEV email address.

I've sent you another email to the same email address, if you can just copy and paste your last message into that one and send it that would be awesome. Very sorry for all the delay with getting the credentials in.

Once I receive those credentials then I can run further tests to find out what the problem with the registration is.

Look forward to hearing back! Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Enfusia

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for your reply. I did in fact send it in your system attention your 1st and last name.

I've replied to your email with the credentails. I've included the cpanel access as well so that it you have any challenges you can go get the info direct. However, I have tested it and it works with File Zilla.

Yes, as stated before I have network deactivated the antisplog and tested it and it didn't work.

As a matter of fact I did that BEFORE I ever submitted the suport request. I deactivated all security plugins and tested it.

I look forward to getting this resolved.

Thank you, Patrick

• Tyler Postle

Hey Patrick,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for sending that info over :slight_smile:

This actually looks like it's nothing to do with Pro Sites at all. Even with it deactivated, you still can't register a new site. I assumed the Are we Human verification was coming from anti-splog but even with it deactivated, the verification still comes up - which plugin is it coming from? Or is it hard coded in?

Keep in mind, even when we get the registration working, you will still have to fill in the PayPal payment settings in Pro Sites too, otherwise the checkout process will just refresh too. We can worry about that when we get to it though :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Joshua,

If they have the "I'm interested" option setup for the "Upgrade to Pro Here" field, then yes :slight_smile:

Soon as they login to their site for the first time it will give them the plan selection/checkout page.

If you want to hide that option so it forces the "i'm interested" option, then just add this CSS to your custom CSS field:

.register-section.clear {
        display: none;
    }

If you don't have a custom css field/file then you can use this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

If they don't select the "i'm interested" option, then they will have to not only login but also click on the "pro upgrade" button from within their dashboard.

With the first option, they won't see their dashboard at all after logging in.

You can also activate the "Pay to Blog" module, so you can lock down their dashboard until they have paid. You can also lockdown the front of their site too (or both).

Hope that helps! Let me know if you still have further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Enfusia

Hi Tyler,

I've just gone over all the plugins. The only ones that could possibly have something like that in them are BBpress, Buddy Press.

The contact forms, were disabled and had nothing to do with it.

Now, when I disable the anti splg it does not go to the human verification, It goes right back to the registration page and gives this error. Please see attached screen shot.

So, to be clear. It doesn't give the verification but it returns you for an error that you can't fix. I did select a category, I selected free and chose a theme.

I can't disable BBpress or Buddy press and there are no other posibilities.

Please have a look at this again and let's find the solution.

Thank you, Patrick

• Tyler Postle

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for positng that :slight_smile: who is your web host? You might have aggressive caching on your server side. As I'm still seeing the Are you Human verification even with it deactivated. I'm also still seeing the site category options after deactivating it.

Another option here is to make sure you your database is up to date, it looks like you have an update pending there :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon Patrick!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Joshua

Tyler,
    I was able to go through the motions of setting up an account and I admit it is terribly cumbersome and a waste of time. If I understand the process correctly, I first:
    1) register -> enter my username - > select my site level -> join
    2) receive activation email
    3) login as the new user and THEN select the pay tier

Is this normal for Pro sites plugin or as a result of how the theme was designed? Why can I not have users select to register and take care of everything on one page like you do on 99% of other sites on the internet?

Thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Joshua,

Is this normal for Pro sites plugin or as a result of how the theme was designed?

This is normal for Pro Sites. Pro Sites was originally designed around users first having a free site and then upgrading from there. Our next major update will include the option to select a plan during the registration process; however, that requires a complete rewrite of the registration/checkout system.

That is being worked on and is planned for Pro Sites 3.5 :slight_smile:

Currently we don't have an ETA on the release.

In the meantime, the best workaround is your method above.

A popular option is to take advantage of the free trial feature. So they can have a free trial for 14 days (or however many days you determine) then after that they will need to pay to maintain their site.

Let me know if you have any further questions Joshua. More than happy to help.

Have a great rest of your day!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Joshua,

The site creation itself is 2 step, click sign up then register enter site details. I guess the activation is a 3rd step, but in my opinion that's required - if you have them auto-activate(requires customization or a plugin) then you could end up with a ton of spam sites. You will likely get some spam sites anyway, in which case our Anti-Splog plugin works well for that.

It's the plan selection you want to be part of the registration process right? So they can have a pro site right out of the gate? That would require a lot of customization to do. Which is what we're doing for the next major update :slight_smile:

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.