Pro Sites Checkout Page Redirects to Homepage

I am attempting to setup the Pro Sites plugin. I changed the rebrand field to "Upgrade" and saved the settings, then visited mysite.com/Upgrade but it redirected me to the home page. I clicked the "Edit Checkout Page" link and it took me to a portfolio page on my site that has nothing to do with Pro Sites. I also tried trashing and saving the Pro Site settings again to regenerate it but it chose another random page from my site unrelated to Pro Sites.

So I have some questions:

1. Why am I unable to get the Pro Site checkout page to come up?
2. Can the checkout be embedded as part of the sign up page?
3. Can I use Gravity Forms Signup plugin with Pro Sites as part of the sign up process?

Running:
WordPress 3.9.1
Anti-Splog 2.1.2 (with random sign up page enabled)

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Adam,

Hope you are doing well today!

1. Why am I unable to get the Pro Site checkout page to come up?

The pro-sites checkout page by default is domain.com/wp-signup.php - can you find it there?

2. Can the checkout be embedded as part of the sign up page?

3. Can I use Gravity Forms Signup plugin with Pro Sites as part of the sign up process?

Yes, you can use Gravity Forms sign up add-on to customize the add-on process then embed it into any page you like.

Let us know if you need any further assistance with this :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• adam_fisher
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I disabled the "Move wp-signup.php" option in Anti-Splog and it still has the same stuff on the page: username, email, whether they just want a username or also a website.

I am not using the pay to blog module so maybe that's why you can't choose a pro site level during signup? I would still expect to see options to choose a subscription during signup.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Adam,

My apologies, seems I misunderstood your question in the first place!

I am not using the pay to blog module so maybe that's why you can't choose a pro site level during signup? I would still expect to see options to choose a subscription during signup.

There currently isn't a way to select a paid subscription during sign up. The site must be created before a subscription can be applied. You can automatically apply a free level, free trial, or lock the frontend/backend of the site until payment is made.

I believe this was more of a restriction on WordPress' side when Pro-Sites was developed than it was on the plugins side; however, this is a feature that is planned for Pro Sites 3.5 :slight_smile:

Pro Sites 3.5 will have a completely re-done checkout process. It's also planned to allow one-time payments during sign up in addition to the subscription (ie. set-up fees). 3.5 is still a little while off at this time, but once it is released you will be able to upgrade your current setup without any issues.

Hope that helps clarify things! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• adam_fisher
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Tyler. I will be excited to see what's in that release. For the time being, I am attempting to just see the page where you can select a plan to upgrade to after you already created a site. I am unable to see the upgrade link in the admin bar and if I click the "Edit Checkout Page" link in the Pro SItes settings, it takes me to one of my portfolio pages. The post type is portfolio so it definitely shouldn't be going to that page. Any way I can update this to point to a normal page post type? Will I also need to put some special shortcode or something on the page I link to?

Also to note, I am using the Salient theme from ThemeForest if that helps.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Adam,

Thanks for your patience here! We were a bit short staffed over the weekend, so I'm just getting back to this now. Would you be able to grant support access to your site? You can do this via your dashboard WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access. Then I'll be able to take a closer look at exactly what is happening back there :slight_smile:

From there we should be able to determine what is causing the issue!

Look forward to your reply.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
      • CGO

Hey Adam,

I tried to create a test site on your website; however, the activation email never came through and it seems the test site you currently have there isn't available. Perhaps a wildcard subdomain dns issue? Could be due the hosting you're using.

Have you been able to sign up a site at all?

Once a site is activated they should be redirected to the pro sites subscriptions page if they stated that they were interested during the sign up. If the page isn't coming up on your test installation it would be a good idea to re-save permalinks just in case.

It might also be a good idea to just buy a cheap hosting plan with hostgator or someone just for testing/staging purposes.

Let us know if your wildcard subdomain is setup correctly. It does sometimes take a little bit to propagate, but if you had it setup during your last post then it should be good by now.

Cheers,
      Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.