Pro Sites conflict with Domain Mapping plugin

When Domain Mapping plugin is "network activated", user needs to sign-in twice in order to upgrade on the Pro Sites plan while he/she is already logged-in / stayed at the WP dashboard. But when the Domain Mapping plugin is NOT "network activated", when user click to upgrade from their WP admin dashboard, it brings user to the plan summary page + pricing tables without asking the second time to login on their site. Please advice.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Cas,

When Domain Mapping plugin is "network activated", user needs to sign-in twice in order to upgrade on the Pro Sites plan while he/she is already logged-in / stayed at the WP dashboard.

Can I assume that user have already mapped domain and it is used also on theirs Dashboard? Could you turn on Cross domain auto Login in Domain Mapping options while Domain is Network Activated and see if this helps?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Code Injector

According to this thread, when "Cross-domain autologin" is checked to YES and also "Load Cross-domain autologin asynchronously" is selected, the problem of logging-in twice disappears but problem is I DO NOT want "members to be logged into all sites within your network regardless of domain name". By the way, this test is on the test dev environment: both main site and test sites are using the same IP.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Cas,

I DO NOT want "members to be logged into all sites within your network regardless of domain name".

This will only allow users with accounts on the sites to login on those sites - it doesn't mean that user that doesn't have account on subsite1 will gain access to that subsite.
    When cross domain login is disabled even as Super Admin you need to log separately to Dashboard that is using mapped domain, because this is different domain.
    IP in this case has nothing to do that with this mechanism - its all about domains.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Code Injector

Hello Kasia,

This will only allow users with accounts on the sites to login on those sites - it doesn't mean that user that doesn't have account on subsite1 will gain access to that subsite.

Thanks for more clarification on this. Will have those options checked during the test run.

When cross domain login is disabled even as Super Admin you need to log separately to Dashboard that is using mapped domain, because this is different domain.
    IP in this case has nothing to do that with this mechanism - its all about domains.

The issue happened when I logged in as an admin test user/subsite owner on Subsite.MainSite.com, but when tried to click on the upgrade notification area of the Pro Sites, it directed me to the checkout page + needing to login again instead of displaying the current plan summary + expiry date + pricing tables + logged-in status. Hope I won't get you confused.

Best Regards,

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Cas,

So this Subsite.MainSite.com doesnt have mapped domain (I thought maybe it has mapped domain and this domain is also used in WP admin for this site)? I tried to replicate this issue but with Domain Mapping enabled in network subsites admin that are trying to upgrade doesn't have to logged again even with cross domain option disabled.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia