Pro-sites: create a free level

Hi,

I'm confusing in configuring the pro sites. I want the following level:
1) Free level, allow to users 100MB

2) Basic level, allow to users 1GB

3) Intermediate level, allow to users 2GB

4) Advanced level, allow to users 4GB

First question: how to show the level options in the signup page in order the users select the level he want?

Second: how to use the free level? I do not want trial, I want a free site with 100MB.

Third: after an user create a site and select the free level, he is unable to acess the wp-admin, how to enable?

I messed things up, help :slight_smile:

• Tyler Postle

Hey Andreza,

Hope you are well today! I'm happy to assist you with this.

I'm confusing in configuring the pro sites. I want the following level:
    1) Free level, allow to users 100MB

2) Basic level, allow to users 1GB

3) Intermediate level, allow to users 2GB

4) Advanced level, allow to users 4GB

I have attached a screenshot to illustrate setting up the levels for this. One important thing to keep in mind here is that Pro Sites has a "Free level" by default, already built in. So, you don't have to create a Free level in the "Levels" menu.

First question: how to show the level options in the signup page in order the users select the level he want?

The subscription level or "Pro Site level" has to be selected after sign up. The user is given a default Free level upon sign up then has the ability to upgrade after. A way around this is to activate the "Pay to Blog" module then you can force the user to pay immediately after signing up or they won't have access to their new site.

Second: how to use the free level? I do not want trial, I want a free site with 100MB.

The Free level is built into Pro Sites so you can set the name for it in the general settings, I have attached a screenshot to illustrate. This is the level that is automatically assigned to new users. Providing you aren't doing a free trial for a higher level. Once the upload quota module is activated then you can set the limit for the Free site at the bottom of the Pro Sites settings page (screenshot attached).

Third: after an user create a site and select the free level, he is unable to acess the wp-admin, how to enable?

Is there an error message here? The free level should be automatically applied to them upon sign up. Have you created a second free level through the "levels" area?

Hope this helps! Let me know if you still need further assistance :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Andreza

@Tyler, thanks.

The subscription level or "Pro Site level" has to be selected after sign up. The user is given a default Free level upon sign up then has the ability to upgrade after. A way around this is to activate the "Pay to Blog" module then you can force the user to pay immediately after signing up or they won't have access to their new site.

Is there no way to show the level option during the signup? I want the users select if they want a free or paid (basic, interm. or advanced) site.

Is there an error message here? The free level should be automatically applied to them upon sign up. Have you created a second free level through the "levels" area?

The error when I try to acess the wp-admin is: "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this admin page."

Maybe I have to set something to allow free level acess backend?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Andreza,

Hope you are well today!

Is there no way to show the level option during the signup? I want the users select if they want a free or paid (basic, interm. or advanced) site.

Not in the current version of Pro Sites, that is an option planned for 3.5. The reason it isn't is because before a Pro Site level is given, the site has to be created. 3.5 will have a completely re-written checkout process.

What you can do now is activate the "Pay to Blog" module and this will block users from accessing the frontend/backend until payment is received :slight_smile:

The error when I try to acess the wp-admin is: "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this admin page."

Maybe I have to set something to allow free level acess backend?

The free level should still have full access to their own site because they will be given admin access. Have you changed the user roles at all? If you are using a new site admin and trying to access the main site wp-admin then they might get that message since they will only be a subscriber level on the main site.

Thanks for your patience on this!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Andreza

I did not understant.

First problem to solve: after I enable the Pay to Blog (to block the site when the user forget to pay), the user canot acess the wp-admin, it redirects to the plans page.

I want the default levels (free level) can acess the backend normally. It is not required to pay. It is required to pay only for other levels (basic, intermediate and advanced).

What is wrong?

• aristath

Hello again @Andreza,

This thread is becoming a bit long, so I'll just reply to one of your previous posts, and hopefully this will help:

The default "Free level" is not allowing the users to see the backend after the site is created. When I try acess wp-admin, the page redirects to "plan page", where the user have to chose a plan.

How to fix it? I need the free users visit their backend.

When free members try to access their dashboard, they are redirected to the plans page. This is only done the first time they try to access their site... All they have to do there is click on the "no thanks, continue free" button and they will never be prompted again.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Alley Oop,

Hope you're doing well today!

If you have the pay to blog module activated then the only "Free account" you will have is the optional free trial. Otherwise it will force you to pay to access your site.

If you want a free level then you can turn pay to blog off and the default level will be free :slight_smile: your users will only have to pay when they want to access something restricted by a Pro Site level.

If you still have questions on this then it may be best to start a new topic as the original question in this one has been resolved. You will get more efficient support that way :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.