Pro Sites custom registration page

Is it possible to have different Pro Sites registration page without the pricing tables.

• James Morris

Hello Curran,

I hope you are well today. I'll be following up with you regarding your chat.

Unfortunately, there's currently no shortcode option or customization option to allow display of the Pro Sites registration form on multiple pages. As noted in your chat transcript, you can do some customization through the plugin settings, though.

One possible workaround would be to use a front-end registration plugin that allows members to first create an account on your site, then redirect them to the upgrade page for Pro Sites.

For example: The User registration & user profile – Profile Builder plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/) allows you to define your own custom front-end registration form (displayable by shortcode) that redirects to whatever page you specify.

This would allow you to disable the Pro Site's registration form in Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Settings -> Disable Signup on Checkout. Then use Profile Builder to redirect back to the Pro Sites upgrade page on registration.

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Curran

Thanks for your quick response, this is helpful! If I do the "disable signup on checkout", then will new users still be required to enter their payment info before their website is actually created?

Currently, i don't have a free version, just a 14 day free trial and when a user goes to my pro-site registration page they can choose a plan and the form lets them "reserve a site" but it prompts them to enter their payment information before the site is actually created.

I guess I am just curious about what the user experience is if I were to do this profile builder workaround - so can you give me more details on that?

• James Morris

Hello Curran,

then will new users still be required to enter their payment info before their website is actually created?

By disabling Pro Sites registration, the user will only be creating a user account using your custom form. They will have to visit the Pro Sites page (and payment gateway) before an actual site will be created for them. So yes. :slight_smile:

The flow would basically go like this...

- Member enters site
    - Member visits any page where registration form is located
    - Member registers for a user account
    - Custom Form redirects them to your Pro Sites page which will prompt them to setup their site
    - Once their details are specified, Pro Sites will display the payment gateway form
    - Upon successful payment, they will be redirected to the confirmation page

So, basically, instead of a single-page registration process for creating a site, you will have a 2-page process.

This is useful for when you want to have more than one type of user on your site. For example, if you want to allow user registration, but not force site creation, but rather make it optional.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.