Pro Sites customize initial email.

Is there any way to edit this first email that arrives? It's ugly and not very nicely written... plus we want to include some additional information. This one:

https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/1ef1e6f9807fb510f1b0e8e11aa4fe8e/Screen%20Shot%202018-08-23%20at%207.02.42%20PM.png

Please help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Drew,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is actually a native WP message. It's not being send (and is not modified) by Pro Sites, that's why it's also absent from "Pro Sites -> Settings -> E-mail notifications" settings page.

It can be changed but it requires a custom snippet of code. There's a "update_welcome_email" filter that can be used for this:

<?php
    function my_custom_welcome_email( $welcome_email, $blog_id, $user_id, $password, $title, $meta ) {

$welcome_email = " HERE YOU MODIFY THE MESSAGE ";

return $welcome_email;
    }
    add_filter( 'update_welcome_email', 'my_custom_welcome_email', 11, 6 );

The code above should be modified a bit. This line:

$welcome_email = " HERE YOU MODIFY THE MESSAGE ";

is responsible for the message content so you can re-use original message here and/or add your own. You also got additional data at your disposal (see function arguments).

You would want to adjust that code to create a message of your choice and then add it to your site as an MU plugin; to do this:

- create an empty file with a.php extension (for example: "custom-site-welcome-mail.php")
    - put the code into it (using some "clean text" editor such as i.e Notepad++, Sublime or similar)
    - upload the file into the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder of your WordPrss install; if there's no "mu-plugins" folder inside "wp-content" folder, just create an empty one.

If you got any additional questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Drew

I see ok thanks Adam, I will take a look!

It would be cool if Pro Sites hijacked that out of the box and let users customize it... the default is ugly!!! There aren't even any line breaks. This seems like the kind of reason someone would use a plugin like Pro Sites, ie to help manage things like user registration?

Perhaps you can drop a feature request for a built-in filter that has a nicer written default, which is also something that a pro sites user can edit in the email notifications settings?

Thanks I hope that is doable! :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi @admin45424!

The main purpose of Pro Sites is to allow you to charge users for site creation (one-time or subscription based) and control to which themes/plugins such site has access to. Other than this, there's as little "changes" to native WP features/behavior as possible. In case of those notification e-mails - there are some added by Pro Sites and they are mainly related to payments/subscriptions but the only native one that's affected is a confirmation mail (the one with a link to click to activate account) which is disabled by the plugin as it's just unnecessary.

However, I do see the point in allowing customization of that initial notification mail. I have already set this ticket as a feature suggestion by moving it to our "Features & Feedback" forum. I can't give any promises but if more members will support the idea, our developers would consider adding it in future :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.