Pro Sites - disable free sites frontend

Looking for a way to disable front page of non-paid site, while the dashboard and frontend is still accessible if the user is logged in.

Basically, a user can signup for a free site, access and customize it. But the frontend should not be visible to visitors until the site owner upgrade it.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Luke Frederick

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Pro Sites plugin comes with "Pay to blog" module which should let you disable front-end "until paid". However, I understand from the chat that it's not working for you exactly the way you want it to. In that case, there could be some additional code added that might do the work.

The idea would be to check if the site is of a "free level" and then either redirect users (unless a logged in user is an admin) to the main site of the Multisite or to some designated "message page". We'll need some assistance from developers with that so I have asked them for help and am awaiting their response.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update it as soon as we get a suggested solution from our developers.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey there Luke Frederick ,

As Adam explained you need to check the site level. Here is a mu-plugin that you can try out and hopefully help you on this :
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/3923e856768a219fe0c17515f9f08124

You need to extract and edit in order to change the ID number of the page you want to redirect to on line 20 :
    private $_page_to_redirect = 41;
    Then upload file ps-disable-free-front.php to the wp-content/mu-plugins folder (if that folder doesn't exist you can simply create it).

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.