Pro Sites disabled all sites after update

I ran an update and now all the sites in my network are showing a "payment needed" page!
I have tried extending the membership but they all show a lifetime professional membership..
I had to disable the plugin for things to work again, please advise!!!

• Helms

Same here! Very disappointed! This is the second or third time I have an update bring down all my sites. Both between the Pro Sites and Domain Mapping plugins. Affecting downtime to my clients. Fix ASAP please, this is unacceptable!

I first installed on dev box and the site didn't go down right away. Must of happened 30min-1hr. later. So, I updated the production site before I noticed it took down my dev box.

• Adam Czajczyk

I hope you're well today and I apologize for this unexpected issue!

We're currently investigate the problem. The plugin has been tested before releasing an update and we didn't came across any issues but it seems it's unfortunately a reality. I'm really sorry for all the troubles. My colleagues and I are now double-checking everything once again and we also already informed Pro Sites developers about the case.

I'd like to ask you for some more information though:

- does it apply to all pro sites or just a particular level?
    - what is the payment gateway used?
    - did it happen immediately after an update or some time after it (e.g. few hours later)?

We're investigating the issue as fast as possible and we have also informed the lead developer of the plugin already. It would be also very helpful if we could take a closer look at your setup. Please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password)
    -- cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site
    - include any details of the case that you can think of and consider even slightly relevant

Please use our contact form here
    Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Best regards,

• jnkfrancis

For me it was instantly on every level and I only use stripe payment gateway. I disabled the plugin I can't have my clients sites dead, so I can't turn it back on for you to trouble shoot. I don't want to pile on, but I got a severe reprimand from several clients, and my sites were only off line a total of 2-3 minutes, but it took quite a while to clear the caches of the sites and for about 20-30 minutes my clients sites were down. One client is still on my case because her local cache hasn't resolved yet (I know not your problem, but it's just to illustrate the extent of the frustration)

• Tyler Postle

Hey Everyone,

As Adam mentioned, the issue was with the Pay to Blog module. Very sorry about this!

We've just pushed out the official fix now. You can update to 3.5.4 through the WPMU DEV Dashboard or the on-site Hub. If you don't see the update yet then form within your WordPress admin go to:

WPMU DEV > Support. and click the "Check again" link at the bottom. That will manually trigger the check for new updates and you'll see it after :slight_smile:

You'll notice the changelog is the same as before except one additional fix entry. We pulled the last release soon as we found out about the bug to ensure as few members as possible experienced it. 3.5.4 is the re-release with the fix.

Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend and apologies again about this.