Pro Sites domain types and names

Hi,

I want to create a network of potentially unlimited micro-sites with each individually designated by a sub-domain title (with the use of fully registered URLs being an option but not required) such as:

subdomainname.mynetwork.com

Is this possible with Pro Sites or are registered URLs mandatory for each pro site?

• Milan

Hello @Chuck Berry,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

Please Let me go bit by bit to answer your question. :slight_smile:

I want to create a network of potentially unlimited micro-sites with each individually designated by a sub-domain title

This is default behaviour supported by wordpress multisite itself. You can create unlimited subdomains if you've setup multisite accordingly and have wildcard DNS record.

For more information about wildcard DNS record please do visit this page,
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Configuring_Wildcard_Subdomains

Our pro-site plugin lets you offer site admins different upgrade options though which you can make money and provide premium plugins and theme services which you want to make available only with certain level. With pro site you can create a network of sites with premium services like WordPress.com or Edublogs.org that include paid upgrades, extra storage and domain mapping.

Furthermore if you want to map subdomains to different domain then our domain mapping plugin comes in the picture. You may get surprised to know that domain mapping and pro sites are very well integrated if you use both at same time. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello @Chuck Berry,

I hope you are having a good day. :slight_smile:

Let me go bit by bit to answer your questions. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to create a Pro Sites network without using Multisite?

I am afraid this is not possible, pro-sites designed such way that it only works with Multisite. There is no way possible Pro Sites can work on single site installation. Multisite setup is mandatory to use Pro Sites.

Pro Sites compatible with Authorize.net?

At this moment we support stripe and Paypal Express/pro payment gateway for payment processing. However you can always post new job to do further customization with our plugins on our job portal Job Portal

I hope this helps you.

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Chuck

Hi Milan,

1.) Is it possible to combine Pro Sites, Directory and Membership 2 Pro together in a single network development using Multisite. If this is possible I can use either Directory or Membership 2 Pro to handle the reoccurring billing as they both have Authorize.net comparability.

2.) Also, as far as you know, if I crated a Multisite network and at some point in the future I wanted to separate a site and allow the client to transfer their website folders out from the network.... would this possible with Multisite and if so can you reference a link to information on migrating sites from Multisite?

Thank you

• Milan

Hello @Chuck Berry,

I hope you are having a good day.

#1) Would you please tell me which directory plugin you are talking about ? Wordpress Directory, Blog Directory or Member Directory which one ?

#2) Our plugin Snapshot Pro can let you take full backup of your any subsite which later on you can restore on fresh created new single install site. This will create exact copy of your subsite to new single installation.

I hope this helps you. Please specify which directory plugin you are talking about and we can start our communication on your first question.

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Milan

Hello again @Chuck Berry,

I hope you are well today. :slight_smile:

First of all thanks for clarifying what you were referring with word "Directory". :slight_smile:

I've just tested Membership 2 pro, Directory and Pro-site on my multisite installation. You can use these three plugins together or two of them too. But here is one thing I am missing. You are saying that Membership 2/Directory provides authorize.net payment gateway which is true, that's why you can use membership/directory plugin's authorize.net payment gateway functionality to take payment for site subscriptions with pro sites ?

If my above question seems difficult to understand here is what I mean in nutshell.
    #1) Membership/Directory plugin provides authorize.net functionality.
    #2) You want to use its authorize.net payment functionaltiy so that you an take payment through authorize.net for Pro-Sites subscription

Right ?

If this is you are asking then I am afraid this cant' be achieved as the way membership/directory plugin handles payment is much different than the way pro-site handles payment.

I hope this helps you.

If I am missing something here and intercepting your question wrongly please do me a favor and provide me little bit more elaboration so that I can assist you further dear member.

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Chuck

Milan,

I appreciate your diligence in assisting me with this issue. It's support like this which cemented my membership upgrade with WPMU DEV.

In the same project, I have need for the functionality that each of the three plugins provide. Within the same project I need the following:

1. I need a searchable directory

2. A system to define membership levels and provide admin management for subscribers.

3. I need a system that can provide website network to the above subscribers

If my work-around can succeed, I have no need to charge subscribers at all for their Pro Site. Can't a set the Pro Site as a free benefit for subscribing to either the Directory or Membership 2 Pro.

Therefore, one plugin will handle the reoccurring billing and the functionality provided by the other 2 plugins (or more plugins if I choose to add them), can be included in the subscription by not independently charged for.

One plugin (either Directory -OR- Membership 2 Pro) will do the billing and gate access to any other plugin.

Can I do it this way?

• Milan

Hello @Chuck Berry,

Hope you are well today. :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying what you want to achieve with our plugins.

It seems to me that you can't actually do that. Because Pro-site can only be administered on main network level site. But Membership and Directory plugins can administered at subsite too. So Having that said you can't actually let your member registered on your site using membership and offer them pro-site feature. It will provide them access of membership and directory plugin on their subsite too.

So conclusion is that if you implement flow you've described in your last reply with membership/directory and pro-site every user who creates sub-site on your network will also get features of membership/directory for their sub-site.

I hope this helps you.

Feel free to ask me for further inquiry. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Milan

Hello @Chuck Berry,

I hope you are having a good day.

Adding authorize.net to Pro Sites has been requested as feature request here but our developer have something else in mind which will expand our plugins flexibility.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/any-plan-to-add-authorizenet-aim-to-pro-sites#post-949395

If you really need to include Authorize.net with pro site any now, you need some custom implementation with pro-site, you may want to consider hiring a developer to assist you. you can try our jobs board:
    WPMU DEV Job Portal.

If you are developer and have grip over dealing with payment gateways api then you can study our Membership 2 pro plugin's implementation of Authorize.net.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Milan

Hello @Chuck Berry,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

Our membership 2 pro and directory supports recurring billing with authorize.net. :slight_smile: If you are planning to work with other plugin you can always see its project page for more information.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/

I hope this helps you.

Feel free to ask me if you have further inquiry. :slight_smile:

Best Regards.