Pro Sites Error Message When Typing a Wrong Credit Card Number

Hi guys!

When I try to use Stripe for paying ( with the test account ) and if I type a wrong credit card number rather than ( 42424... ) it doesn't show me any error, which is confusing because I am not aware of what is happening. I noticed clicking on the paypal tab, there is an error saying "The Stripe customer could not be created. Please try again." but that is hidden inside the Paypal tab if that is the error message I think it is not clear for users to understand that they have entered wrong details.

Regards,
Andy

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Andreu ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I tried to replicate the issue on my install, but I was unable. Have you added the webhook in your Stripe account as mentioned in Pro Sites -> Payment Gateways -> Stripe?

It should display this message in the top of the Stripe form: "Please enter a valid Credit Card Number."

Can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your settings?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• Andreu
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion, yes it shows that message "Please enter a valid Credit Card Number." when I type a wrong credit card number and it also prevents the page to be submitted, however the case I am referring to is when you try to type a valid credit card number, but that was unsuccessfully processed.

Regards,
    Andy

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Andreu ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If you enter an invalid credit card it display the correct message, right:

Please enter a valid Credit Card Number.

If you enter a valid test card (as suggested in the Stripe docs), the payment is processed and the site is created, right?

So, if I understood well, you are trying to insert a real credit card number? If yes, I think the real card numbers are prohibited and will be declined in Sandbox mode.

If you are not mentioning this, can you go to your Stripe account and check the "Events and Webhooks" section. It should give us more information about the error.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.