Pro Sites – expand payment periods and allow re-ordering

Is it possible to include addition options for prices that could cover a 6 month sub and a 24 month subscription,

If they had the tick boxes above then people could easily adjust the payment strategy to suit their community/needs?

Also would it be possible to allow us to change the order of these, that way we could position the option we want people to purchase in the middle, in my case I would like to be able to offer one month at $(x), two years at $(24*0.75*x) and one year at $ (12*0.89*x). especially as it has been proven that people generally select the middle option.

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

As you see the current options are 1 month, 3 months and 12 months, they can’t be custom defined right now.

If you wanted to add 6 months and 24 months then you would need to do some custom coding here to achieve that.

They also can’t be ordered right now.

I’ll move this over to the feature request area to see if other members want this, I’m sure they would. I know I do!

Take care.

• magical1
    • New Recruit

Thanks Timothy,

although I have no problems making customisation to code, my main concern is that if you update the core code while I am no longer involved in a site, my custom coding will be over written. And I will have to go back and fix it, is there any way that you could make the code you use more extensible, so that we as developers can add functions without having to keep going backwards and forwards …

Thanks,

Michael

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Personally I’d love to see it where you can define your own periods from the admin. Then you could set it for any amount of days, weeks, months or even years…

I’ll surely pass your feedback along to Aaron, he may have further plans here or be able to advise on the best way with his current code.

Thanks.

• magical1
    • New Recruit

That would be great!

I plan on using this for a clients project and if this can be deployed quickly it would certainly help.

Out of interest, is the direction of development of plugins taken based on requests of users, or do they follow the plans laid out by the individual plugin developer?

Kind regards,

Magical1

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Out of interest, is the direction of development of plugins taken based on requests of users, or do they follow the plans laid out by the individual plugin developer?

A bit of both.

The more demand for a feature we get the more likely it will get implemented. The developer has discretion of course so even if something isn’t overly popular it could still be implemented where the developer sees fit.

Take care.

• Aaron
    • CTO

No gateways allow for subscription periods greater than 12 months. Other amounts could work though. When we build in one-time payment support then higher options would make more sense.

You can’t change the order arbitraritly, though there is a define you can use to reverse the order displayed. One of the most important feature updates we will be adding soon is a rediesigned payment grid, making it more customizable and better designed.

• magical1
    • New Recruit

According to a senior developer at Paypal, if you are using Paypal standard HTML integration then subscription are as follows :-

Days (1-90), Weeks (1-52), Months (1-24), Years (1-5)

So I am very confused that you state categorically above

No gateways allow for subscription periods greater than 12 months.

Can you please clarify what you mean Aaron?

Thanks,

• Aaron
    • CTO

From their docs https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/express-checkout/integration-guide/ECRecurringPayments:

The combination of billing frequency and billing period must be less than or equal to one year.

And Stripe only allows 1 year max as well for their plans. In fact they only used to allow monthly or yearly, so the 3 month option is disabled in pro sites, but I see that they’ve updated their API to allow an interval so you can do any number of months.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.