Pro Sites feature list and check-out form issues with Spirit Theme

I'm trying to setup Pro Sites on a new Wordpress multisite. I have Spirit currently set as theme on main site.

My checkout page is: https://vitalitytoolbox.com/vitality-advocates-membership

1. So many questions and issues. Is there still no updated tutorial?
2. The base css is a mess using Spirit. Columns are not lining up. The check-out form does not have outlines text boxes and the line-up is terrible. Can you help with this?
3. The feature name column is not displaying - only the description. If I can only have one, where can I choose to have name display?
4. Is there a way to add custom fields to the check-out form?
5. If you use the signup on check-out option, how long should one wait to get activated? On this network there is no free level and no free trial. Only one gateway: PayPal Express. I ran a test on 12/25 with a successful transaction with PayPal, but did not receive the network message regarding receipt until 12/27. Strange.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @antKat,,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

1. So many questions and issues. Is there still no updated tutorial?

Pro Sites tutorial should be up to date as far as I'm aware but it's possible that I'm missing something. Are you referring to Pro Sites docs or Upfront docs? Please advise!

2. The base css is a mess using Spirit. Columns are not lining up. The check-out form does not have outlines text boxes and the line-up is terrible. Can you help with this?

I've visited your site and I can see that columns are broken and not everything is shown as setup in plugin's configuration. I suppose though that despite of this you do have some expectations on how the table should look a like. Would you be able to share e.g. a drawing/sketch of such layout/design you'd like to put there? This would help me sort this "in one take".

4. Is there a way to add custom fields to the check-out form?

This turns out to increasingly gain popularity and I fully agree that such a feature would be great. Two other member's of our community had taken attempt to write a plugin that would add additional fields to Pro Site sign-up form (at least until it could be possible with a Pro Sites settings) and I'm now at the process of assisting them to make it work. We're waiting for the developer's help so I think you may want to keep a close track of this thread:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/might-have-found-a-bug-in-the-pro-site-sign-up-without-wp-sign-up#post-1005699

5. If you use the signup on check-out option, how long should one wait to get activated? On this network there is no free level and no free trial. Only one gateway: PayPal Express. I ran a test on 12/25 with a successful transaction with PayPal, but did not receive the network message regarding receipt until 12/27. Strange.

Pro Sites plugin doesn't "delay" any notifications by default. This should be sent and delivered immediately once the transaction is completed. However, could you please start a separate thread regarding this issue?

As there's a lot of question in this one, it could be great if we could stick to layout/CSS issues here and work on other issues in separate, dedicated threads. That would help us respond faster and more accurately.

Best regards,
    Adam

• antKat

1. Pro Sites usage section is not up to date. For example it does not show any instruction for how to use the features list.
    2. You state that everything is not set-up? What specifically are you referring to? According to the features admin page, you select the basic style and then change any element that you want different than the default style. For now what I want to see is:
    a. The feature name column displayed
    b. The columns lined up
    3. On the sign-up form: corrected line spacing
    4. On the sign-up form: border around input boxes

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi antKat,

1. Pro Sites usage section is not up to date. For example it does not show any instruction for how to use the features list.

We are waiting for usage writers to update the documentation with more detailed explanation of new Pro Sites options.

2. You state that everything is not set-up? What specifically are you referring to? According to the features admin page, you select the basic style and then change any element that you want different than the default style.

I have applied small CSS fix so can you check your pricing tables now and see if there's anything else you need there?
    This is the CSS code that I added:

.post_content .pricing-column li {
        margin: 0;
    }

3. On the sign-up form: corrected line spacing
    4. On the sign-up form: border around input boxes

I have added some CSS for this as well so let us know if it looks better now, this is the code used:

#prosites-signup-form-checkout input {
        border: 1px solid #9A9A9A;
        padding: 5px;
        margin-left: 5px;
        margin-top: 8px;
    }

All the code mentioned above is added in Custom CSS field under Pro Sites > Pricing Tables > Styling tab.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.