Pro sites free level subscrption

Hello guys,

What i want to do?
I want a free level where users are able to use some plugins and themes.

But I realize that there is no Free subscription level in pro sites except from the default free level provided by pro sites.

The default free level does not provide to users any plugins or themes, am i right?

Also, there is a free trial level where users can use a premium level for couple of days or weeks but i do not want to use it.

• timstrifler

Okay I'm still a beginner at using Pro Sites but I think I know how to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Under the Pro Sites menu, click on Premium Plugins. From there you can decide what level is allowed to use each plugin. For what you're trying to do, select "Anyone" so that Free user can use the plugin too. The only tricky part I ran into is you can't already have the plugin network activated. If you do, click network deactivate from the network admin plugins menu and then go back to the premium plugins section of pro sites. You can choose to auto activate if you wish too. I'm assuming themes works the same way.

So I believe this should accomplish your goal of offering free sites with plugins. Let me know if this does it, because I'm curious for my own network I'm setting up.

• aecnu

Greetings theodosis_mourouzis,

Thank you for your feedback and input and the free trial provides the plugins and themes of the level that you choose for the free trial which can run for up to a year.

This is indeed the free trial you talked about in your post. Furthermore it is the intended use of the free trial if you choose to use it.

Also, there is a free trial level where users can use a premium level for couple of days or weeks but i do not want to use it.

However, thinking out of the box one could make a free level, not turn on the free trial, and assign almost any plugin or theme that one wants to it with the exception of those few that must be network activated. All does not apply to everything.

Set the payment for 12 months at zero un-checking the other months and manually extending the level to forever if you want. This is your choice.

You can also recode the entire plugin if you want or hire a competent coder wpmu jobs to do so if you cannot. You can have it custom coded as you want it is GPL licensed.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings theodosis_mourouzis,

Thank you for the additional great question.

Yes form experience when they miss a subscription payment there site is reverted back to the free level automatically UNLESS you have the add on pay to blog activated, then it locks them out.

When they are reverted back to the free level - all the premium plugins and privileges revert to that of the free level.

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.