Pro Sites Free Trials & Automatically Apply to Pay to Blog

Two feature requests - I would like to make sure that I'm not paying affiliates for users that only signed up for a free trial but never actually paid for a month of service. Could you make it so that there's an option to not generate referrals for free trials?

The second feature I'd like to see is that I'd like to pay my affiliates by applying their referral balance to their "Pay to Blog" balance rather than paying them via PayPal - is there a way to do this? It would take a lot of the manual management out of the program!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Brittny,

Hope you're well?

I'm pretty sure it only rewards the affiliates when they make their first payment, in the code it triggers on supporter_payment_processed, so that's after payment is processed which would be after the trial ends.

With regards to your next question, unfortunately this wouldn't be possible without a substantial rewrite, and possibly also modifications to pro-sites too due to the way prices are processed when the subscription is sent to the payment processor, I don't think the fee can be changed without cancelling and re-subscribing, but it certainly wouldn't be possible without considerable changes i'm afraid.

Hope this helps

• Brittny
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the response, that was very helpful! I didn't want to start having referrals coming in for sites that weren't paid for so it's reassuring to know that I shouldn't have that problem.

So with what you're saying about not having the payments able to be updated from the app side - does that mean that if I have a client who I want to grant a free month of service to, if i go through the site admin panel and manually extend her service it won't actually give her a break from her payments? Is there a way that I can arrange for a payment to be skipped through PayPal?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

No, it will not give them a break from payments, it will only extend it to the end of the current subscription. so if they subscribed for 12months, it will take payments for 12 months, then the free months are added to the end, so they'll get the x amount of months for free.

Unfortunately with the way paypal works, you can't set it to skip a payment, even manually. you would have to cancel & then re-subscribe again i'm afraid.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

You wouldn't be able to do it with the other gateways either i'm afraid. I don't know if stripe or paypal would actually allow it, I suppose they could because Netflix is able to change their fee without me having to renew. But pro-sites definitely doesn't support that functionalityand it would take a lot to rewrite the plugin to be able to do that.

I can add this to the feature requests, but I can't make any guaranteeson when or if it would be done anytime soon. If you really need that functionality, I can only recommend to advertise for a developer to see if they could make all the changes for you, we have a jobs board that yuou can advertise on here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Regards

Vaughan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.