Pro Sites frontend for customer to buy

Hi,

Having watched the video demos, and the playlist about this plugin on YouTube, I still don't quite get how can I setup a front-end for my users to buy a subscription.

How can this be done? My goal is to have a site explaining all the features of the service, showcasing some clients and available themes, and to complement that have a section where the users can then subscribe to the service.

By the videos I get the sense this is possible, but im not quite grasping how to do it. Can you help?

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Luis!

You're getting there! Setting up Pro Sites, like a couple of our plugins, takes a bit of work to get up and running, but the end result is worth all the hard work.

To meet your needs here, first, make sure you have the option to purchase a Pro Site enabled on the signup page, as per my screenshot. That will give users who want the Pro Site to option to buy in right when they register.

Next, if you'd like to make a descriptive page about your service, that's pretty simple. Just create a new page, add everything you want, and then include any links to either the signup or checkout pages, or both, if you're feeling fancy.

I've been working with a few members on Pro Sites this week, was it you who made the really beautiful pricing table? If so, I'd love to share it with my team, you did a smashing job.

Let me know if this doesn't get what you want, we can poke a few more things. : )

• Luis

Ok, If im getting this right the main site of the Multisite installation becomes the "marketing" site where I can apply the purchase sequence, correct?

I've followed your instructions, a few questions still trouble me though.

From your instruction, I can get to a page where I allow new users to register, then on step2 define site essential details and from there they can access the site with a free account.

How can I set this up so that they must have a paid account, can I have the purchasing options available right at the "marketing" site?

Another question, I was using the "Simple Blog Templates" to create new client websites. This has the advantage of having right out of the gates everything setup, including some sample content to guide our customer. Is this something possible with Pro Sites?

I wasn't the person who you've spoken about the pricing table, but now im curious about that too.

Thanks for all the help.

• Luis

While I wait for your feedback, and try to decide if Pro Sites fits our needs, i'll go ahead and place another question if you don't mind.

I got the impression that in the subscription process the customer would have the option to buy add-ons, such as premium features, extra storage space, etc. Im now almost convinced that isn't possible, can you confirm this along with the other questions please?

Thanks.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Luis,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your patience here!

How can I set this up so that they must have a paid account, can I have the purchasing options available right at the "marketing" site?

You can setup the features/options in a pricing table and display them however you like, but the user must create a site first - before they can subscribe to one of the services.

If the user checks the box that they are interested in the pro sites upgrades during sign up then when they confirm their account they will be directed to the built in checkout page right away.

Another question, I was using the "Simple Blog Templates" to create new client websites. This has the advantage of having right out of the gates everything setup, including some sample content to guide our customer. Is this something possible with Pro Sites?

Are you referring to our New Blog Templates plugin? If so, then most definitely! You can either set a default template that is automatically applied to new sites OR setup multiple templates and allow them to select which one they want right at sign up :slight_smile:

You can also activate the "Pay to Blog" module. This locks down the users site until they paid - best alternative to paying upon sign up. This way they sign up but before their site goes live, they have to pay - you can even block off admin access until they pay.

I got the impression that in the subscription process the customer would have the option to buy add-ons, such as premium features, extra storage space, etc. Im now almost convinced that isn't possible, can you confirm this along with the other questions please?

This is done in the form of levels, so you attach features to each level and they upgrade as they wish and will gain access to everything associated with that level. You could use MarketPress to sell one-off upgrades, you would need to apply the upgraded access manually for them.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions. Let me know if you have any others! More than happy to assist further.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.