Pro Sites - how to give a discount?

Hi ,

I would like to generate a site on behalf of a customer.

Instead of the standard themes available in New Blog Templates I would like to use a different one for this customer and also give a 50% discount.

Can I do both of these things manually and if so how do I go about it?

Thanks,
Justin

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Justin, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Instead of the standard themes available in New Blog Templates I would like to use a different one for this customer...

So you're wanting to create a custom Blog template for only him to use? In this case, once you've got the template up, you can use this to hide it on the front end (you'd want to insert it as a mu-plugin):

<?php
    add_filter( 'nbt_signup_templates', 'ghog_remove_templates' );
    function ghog_remove_templates( $templates ) {
      unset( $templates[ 'TEMPLATE_ID_THAT_YOU_WANT_TO_REMOVE' ] );
      return $templates;
    }

For example, if the blog template ID was 5, you'd want to write it like this:

<?php
    add_filter( 'nbt_signup_templates', 'ghog_remove_templates' );
    function ghog_remove_templates( $templates ) {
      unset( $templates[ '5' ] );
      return $templates;
    }

Then, as you create the site, you'd just select the blog template in question from the "Template" dropdown inside of:

Sites -> Add New

...and also give a 50% discount.

How are you taking the payment presently? If he's not signing up for it himself, he'd need to send the payment to you manually, and you would just manually extend the Pro Site access for the site by going to:

Sites -> All Sites

And clicking on the "Manage" link for the site in the "Pro Site" column. You'd then want to extend the duration of the Pro Sites subscription accordingly from the "Manually Extend Pro Site Status" box on that page (see screenshot below).

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Justin,

If I wanted to keep future payments automatic can I get the customer to sign up themselves using your method?

If you were to create the site first for him, using that template of yours, you could have him sign up for a Pro Site level by having him log in to the site, and clicking on the "Pro Upgrade" option. That would allow the payments to be automatic.

If you were to create a 50% off coupon, he could use the coupon you created as he's signing up for the Pro Site level. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael