[Pro Sites] How to set up a discount from set up and monthly fee?

Adding a set up fee to new site set ups.

If I want to discount the set up and provide a discount to the monthly fee, how do I do that?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Ben

I am afraid, currently, there is no way to set discount on setup fee. But I am marking this as a feature request for now, so other members can share their thoughts on this.

As a workaround, you can create a coupon using the full discount you want to offer, including the setup fee but that has to be for first payment only.

Hope it helps! Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Ben
    • The Reaper

This discount things should be pretty straight forward algebra math rules.... Panos Joel James can you possibly provide a "hot fix" for these issues of discounts when startup fee is active.

Ideally, if the startup fee is active, each discount code in the ux would have both a subscription discount ruleset and a discount ruleset for the startup fee.

Easy, straightforward and a big problem that shouldn't be hard to address in a day...what do you guys think, would be very helpful to close this issue with a fix.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Ben ,

Firstly, sorry for the extreme delay in the reply.

Thanks for your suggestion, my teammate already moved this to the Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates. Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Joel James

Finished modifying pro-sites plugin to add the setup fee discount functionality.

in the files:
    pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/View/Coupons.php
    pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper/Coupons.php

Please name the extra stored variables in your json string:

setup_discount
    setup_discount_type

which were basically replicated from the variables:

discount
    discount_type

Thanks.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Ben,

Finished modifying pro-sites plugin to add the setup fee discount functionality.

Glad to hear you figured a solution. If you could share the modifications done, it would be helpful for other members, and I could also bring this into our developers attention, so that they could review the codes, and check whether these changes could be considered down the plugins release.

Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.