Pro Sites is allowing free site registration

Hello,

I just noticed that my paid site installation is allowing users to register sites for free. I have been running Pro Sites without issues for a while and it has always been paid subscriptions.

The free trial is not checked. I have granted support access. Please let me know how to fix this so I don't keep providing sites for free.

Thanks,
Chris

• Nithin

Hi Christopher,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

You could make use of the 'Pay to blog' module, this will still create a site but the user won't be able to use it until it's paid.The signup option is the default behavior for creating a non pro sites blog, I could see 'Pay to blog' module is already enabled, are you still having problems with implementing this module? or is it something else?

Please advise if I'm missing out anything. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Christopher,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked further, and could notice that Signup on checkout option was disabled, disabling it enables the default WordPress registration page, which allows the user to signup, and create a blog. I have enabled the option, please check and confirm whether it works.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Christopher

Hi Nithin ,

Is this option something that has recently been added with the new plugin release? As I mentioned, I have used this plugin for 4 years and have not made any changes to it other than updates.

So, now I have users who have sites that should be paid for and are live for free. Example: http://coachjennorris.myfitbodybiz.com

They are not listed as a "Paid" site, but are live. How do I handle these site so they are no longer live and provide the user the option of completing payment?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Chris,

Is this option something that has recently been added with the new plugin release? As I mentioned, I have used this plugin for 4 years and have not made any changes to it other than updates.

This option is not new - I didn't tested very early Pro Sites versions but it is in plugin as long as I'm working here (almost a year) and there is no note about adding this feature in change log in last two years. Maybe with one update went wrong and some setting made that option checked - at this moment it hard to tell what went wrong.

They are not listed as a "Paid" site, but are live. How do I handle these site so they are no longer live and provide the user the option of completing payment?

You have enabled Pay to Blog add-on in the Pro Sites so at this moment every admin of those free sites is not able to do anything on them, they are redirected to page with pricing tables where they can paid for pro level. They cannot even change profile details with paying for pro level.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.