Pro Sites is making site slow to load.

Hello,

My sites are very slow. I ran a scan and found Pro Sites is taking 2.9536 sec to load. It's responsible for over half my sites load time.

Any suggestions?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lia,

I just ran the same test on my sandbox and Pro Sites is taking just 0.175 seconds to load. How many sites do you have on your network and are you using lots of the Pro Sites modules? ie. premium plugins, premium themes? The more plugins and themes on your site that it has to help manage the more likely it will increase load times.

I would go through your site and make sure you remove any themes, plugins that aren't needed.

We also have a blog post on 5 quick ways to help speed up your site too: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/5-quick-ways-to-speed-up-your-wordpress-site/

if it's still going slow after that then let us know and we can have another look :slight_smile:

Granting access at that point would be helpful too then we can see your settings and system info.

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lia,

Would you mind deactivating the premium plugins module temporarily as well and doing another speed test? If you have lots of plugins then I'm thinking that could be the one causing the high load times. How many plugins do you have exactly?

Whether it's still giving high load times or not with that module deactivated could you grant support access? Then we can have a closer look :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. I have only 6 active plugins in my test install, and it's still loading Pro Sites in 0.1 seconds. So I'm thinking you could have many more than that and still have very low load times.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.