Pro Sites is not renewing subscription upon PayPal IPN call

The site (blog ID =7) on Multisite is a Pro Site site and should be renewed each month. Logs show that IPN call was properly received and registered, yet the site is not renewed and expires. User gets expiration mail and the site hast to be manually extended.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi MechKW,

Hope you're doing well.

We would like to perform some tests on your site to see what will happen when trial is disabled and we pay for a new site.

Is it ok if we temporarily switch PayPal to sandbox mode and disable trial in order to do this?
    Also, is it ok we disable plugins on your site during this test?

We will of course return all the settings as they were after we finish with these tests?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi MechKW,

Apologies for the delay here, along with the tests I was discussing this issue with our developers and it seems that there are some payment issues on certain installation so they were working on a fix for it that will be included in the next plugin release.

I've got the patched files for you if you want to apply it now before the next version is released.
    There are two files in the attached zip, Registration.php that needs to be placed in pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper folder and gateway-paypal-express-pro.php that goes to pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways

Best regards,
    Predrag

• MechKW
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK Update. I uploaded the files as directed, Still no change. The next payment came in and the expiration date was NOT extended. And just to make sure I actually held off from manual extension until I verified that the site was actually expired.

Also on the same site when I added my new customer the weirdest thing happened with the trial period. She was on a trial period which had just expired when I instructed them to "log in and click reactivate". After doing that Paypal states that their first charge of $0 will occur in 14 days and after 14 MORE days it will charge the plan price. Once the payment profile was set up and the IPN confirmation received and logged by the site, it did NOT reactivate automatically. I had to do it.

So this is a second (less urgent) issue. 14 day trial from sign up + 14 day trial from paypal + 14 day trial after first $0 "payment" = 36 days of trial. Really weird.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi MechKW ,

The files attached seem to be working in our test sites. I had a look in pro sites files and I noticed that the paypal file has not been replaced. I have replaced them now and did some tests with PayPal Simulator. I forced withdrawed blogs so trial expires, then I sent an IPN notification from PayPal simulator and that activated blog and assigned level.

In order to test I had to set my sandbox credentials in PayPal setting in Pro Sites. I have reset your original credentials there, could you please confirm that they are correct?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.