Pro Sites: Is the FREE Level automatic?

Okay... I have the Domain Mapping and Pro Sites plugins loaded. And sorry, I still have questions about this.

(1) If you enter levels in the levels settings area, are you supposed to enter the free level as one of the levels or does it just happen?

(2) If you setup a Trial Period, do new users automatically go into the trial?

(3) If a user is in the trial period and they don't upgrade, are they locked out or do they revert to the required FREE level?

• Vaughan

Hi @webmaster,

#1. No, the free level is automatic (level 0) basicly. If you want to disable free blogging, you have to enable the 'pay to blog module' component.

#2 Yes, if they subscribe to that plan under a free trial they will enter the trial first.

#3 They will revert back to the Free level as far as i'm aware, as long as pay to blog isn't enabled.

Though I will just ask the developer to clarify #3 for definite.

• Webmaster

Thanks guys for helping me weed through it.

Just to follow-up and clarify... A completely new registration will jump past the free level to the Trial for the Pro site that is next in numerical order (as entered into the "Levels" config) and will not revert to a free level until the trial ends.

Then, if Pay to Blog is enabled, they will be in the FREE area, but limited to however many pages and posts that I configured.

Is that all correct?

If so, what happens if they have made a ton of pages during the trial? Do any of their pages or posts count toward the limit I set in the Pay to Blog config? Are any of the previously-created pages/posts locked if there are more than were set in the Pay to Blog config?

Thanks again!

• Aaron

A completely new registration will jump past the free level to the Trial for the Pro site that is next in numerical order (as entered into the "Levels" config) and will not revert to a free level until the trial ends.

Yes

Then, if Pay to Blog is enabled, they will be in the FREE area, but limited to however many pages and posts that I configured.

Pay to blog completely disables access to a site front and backend. It essentially removes the free option/level.

f so, what happens if they have made a ton of pages during the trial? Do any of their pages or posts count toward the limit I set in the Pay to Blog config? Are any of the previously-created pages/posts locked if there are more than were set in the Pay to Blog config?

Assuming you are referring to the post quotas module rather than the pay to blog module, no pages/posts will be touched, they just won't be able to publish new ones if their total is over the limit.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.