[Pro Sites] Is the Upgrade/Account button in left menu hard-wired to be listed fourth?

I am using the Admin Menu Editor plugin from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/admin-menu-editor/installation/ to better organize the left menu.

However, the Pro Sites menu does not show on the list of menu items available. I think the Menu Editor displays everything else (WP default menus or menus provided by other plugins). I've tried to work around it but it seems the Pro Sites Upgrade/Account button always wants to be fourth in the list. Is there any way to have it work like any other Menu item, so we can reorder it and place it where we think it best fits?

If not, how about adding and option to let us specify the order number we want to hard-wire?

If not, how about making it then first or last? Having it appear somewhere in the middle seems out-of-place...

Thanks!

• DavidM

Hi Strategerizer,

The Pro Sites menu item doesn't show in the main site's menu, but it does on sub-sites. For that matter, you should be able to change its order on sub-sites using Admin Menu Editor. I actually just gave it a quick run-through and it indeed did.

You could hard-code the change in the plugin code if you like though, on line 542 of pro-sites\pro-sites.php you could, for instance, change the order/priority of the menu page being added as follows:
    add_menu_page($label, $label, 'edit_pages', 'psts-checkout', array(&$this, 'checkout_redirect_page'), $this->plugin_url . 'images/plus.png', 1);

Basically, the '1' at the end of that line would indicate the loading priority. It's normally set to 3.

However, the Admin Menu Editor can indeed change that on sub-sites! :slight_smile:

-David

• Strategerizer

David, thank you for the reply and figuring out the workaround. Indeed it looks like the "UPGRADE" button shows on the left for all subsites, regardless of [LEVEL] or being part of the Pro Sites pool or not. I thought sometimes I would see the button labeled "Your Account" though I no longer see that anywhere...

Can we make this a feature request to allow changing order in a way which would not be overwritten when upgrading the plugin?

Thank you!

• Strategerizer

I should probably be more specific about my feature request...

In order to be able to allow the Admin Menu Editor plugin to manage the order/grouping of the menus on the left side, those menus should be enabled for the Superadmin. Then I can arrange them as I please. So my main feature request on this is to allow the "Upgrade" button to show for Superadmins. If not always, at least have the option to do so with a checkbox.

If not, then provide the Superadmin a way to change the hard-wired button order from the options screen, so this gets preserved when upgrading the plugin.

If not, then please hardcode the button to always be displayed first or last.

Thanks!

(marking this unresolved so it can be noted by staff; you can mark resolved again afterwards)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.