Pro Sites Isn't Renewing Subscription For Sites Using Paypal Express.

We're having trouble with Pro Sites. It seems to be having trouble renewing the subscription for sites using Paypal Express. We received this error:

User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Problem creating the subscription after successful initial payment. User may need to renew when the first period is up: Profile description is invalid

What does this mean? We've gone through the settings very carefully and believe everything is set up on our end correctly both in ProSites and in Paypal.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Riley with SOZO.DO

I hope you're fine today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site on on the site's end, it seems to be setup fine. I see that you've been asked about IPN URL configuration during the chat but there was no response so I hope you don't mind if I ask you again to check it.

The point is: once the user signs up for the site and pays for it, that information goes to PayPal and all the further renewals are actually triggered by PayPal itself, not the Pro Sites plugin. This means that the PayPal system must be able to actively communicate with the site: it has to "call it out and tell it to renew specific site". It does this via aforementioned IPN URL which has to be enabled and configured at your PayPal account.

Would you please double-check if it is? The URL to be used can be found on the "Pro Sites -> Payment Gateways -> PayPal" page and that URL must be added to the PayPal IPN configuration in your PayPal account's dashboard.

Let me know about it, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Riley with SOZO.DO

Hello Adam! Thanks for your response. Yes the PayPal IPN URL is all set up using the url that is given in Pro-Sites. We had some trouble with me losing connection during our chat, but I did let him know that I had set that up. That's what's so puzzling, we've gone through everything again and again and are pretty certain it's all set up correctly. The initial payment happens fine but then it immediately says:

User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Problem creating the subscription after successful initial payment. User may need to renew when the first period is up: Profile description is invalid

Any idea what "Profile description is invalid" might mean?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Riley with SOZO.DO

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, I read the chat but didn't see your response about IPN URL's. I guess that's the result of those connectivity issues with chat, I'm sorry about that.

I think that the message that you're getting about PayPal subscription might actually be related here. However, I when I tried to replicate it on my own setup, I wasn't able to and I couldn't find any useful information about it either. That said, I've asked our developers for consultation on this too so please keep an eye on this thread and we'll update you here as soon as we get to know more.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.