Pro Sites keeps changing site status

I have a WPMU site - latest updates installed.

I am trying to add a permanent Pro status to one of my blog pages and for some reason "the system" keeps overriding me. It looks like it takes the request, then seconds later I see that the pro status is "expired".

I tried making the site Permanent Free and it shows as one of the Pro Extended lines below and suffered the same fate.

Has anyone had this behavior before? Is this a setting I need to change or something else?

Thanks much,
Angela

2013-04-16 1:39:56 pm Pro Site status expiration permanently extended.
2013-04-16 1:38:38 pm Expired email sent to gardening@negotiari.com
2013-04-16 1:38:37 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
2013-04-16 1:38:17 pm Pro Site status expiration permanently extended.

I also get
Manage Site : Gardening Tips (Blog ID: 6)

"Gardening Tips" has never been a Pro Site.

• Angela

Hi @Alexander Rohmann

I tried setting extending 20 days and the same thing happened. I went to the site, did a refresh, and the expired notice came up.

Then I thought I might try the Modify Pro Site status button. Interesting, when I did that it withdrew the pro site, then I added again and instead of the expired message I get a repeat of the extension message:

2013-04-16 6:27:46 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until May 6, 2013.
    2013-04-16 6:27:18 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until May 6, 2013.
    2013-04-16 6:27:04 pm Expired email sent to gardening@negotiari.com
    2013-04-16 6:27:03 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2013-04-16 6:26:31 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until May 6, 2013.

The site still shows as Free though.

Also noticed that the Subscriber information is:
    "This site is using an older gateway so their information is not accessible until the next payment comes through."

May be normal, but thought I would mention it.

Thank you
    Angela

• Angela

@Alexander Rohmann

Eureka! Found it.

Should have checked the db sooner. None of the tables were present. Simply removed Pro Sites from the plugins, went to wpmu and clicked install again and it's working.

Not sure what happened during the install process, but that could be a number of variables.

Still odd one (had an earlier ticket) in that my settings were retained when I reinstalled everything - even though it was a completely new install (so to speak.) If you have any insight on why that would have happened I would love to find out as well.

Thank you again
    Angela

• Alexander

@Angela,

I'm so glad you were able to figure this out!

The settings were retained because they're stored via the Wordpress settings API. Many plugins operate this way. Wordpress has functions to allow data to be stored on in it's database tables for long term use.

Pro Sites uses this for several things, such as coupons, the levels, and all the basic settings. When the plugin is activated, it checks if they are already there, and if so it leaves them, otherwise it populates with default values.

Hope that clears things up!

Best regards,
    Alexander Rohmann

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.