Pro Sites Levels

This might be a stupid question, but the docs really aren't clear on this:

Prosites levels seem to be setup inclusive of the levels below it, but the number order isn't specified.

If I have three levels - 1-3 is number 1 inclusive of #2 and #3, or is #3 inclusive of #1 and #2.

In my setup I have 3 levels in order of how much they offer
-fundraiser
- events
- premium

I'd like to make fundraiser basic plugins and themes, and upload space.

then events has everything fundraiser has plus more.

finally premium has everything.

Should I label these as follows in pro sites levels:

1 - fundraiser
2- events
3- premium

or should they be setup with the following levels:

1 - premium
2 - events
3 fundraising

thanks for the help.

• Kimberly

Hi there!

Great question!

ProSites operates on the "minimum level" for each feature. Meaning that you have to be at least level x to get this feature.

Operating from that logic then you would want to set it up that level one has the first feature set (plugins, space, etc).

Then you would have to be at least level 2 to get that and more.

Then level three would require you to be at least level three to get everything two has and more.

Does this make sense?

The numbers help you keep track of the progression of levels, and that indeed seems to be what you are doing, providing a progression. So going with what you are describing I think starting at one and progressing up would be the way to go. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings craiggrella,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile: